World hunger is a global problem that affects roughly 10% of the world’s population. It is hard to imagine that so many people are deprived of basic human needs. That is why the topic is so sensitive and needs attention.
based on your instructions
Numerous organizations try to provide financial aid, volunteer and improve the agricultural sector. However, wars, extreme weather conditions, and rising food prices still cause adults and children malnutrition.
This article will help you to create a world hunger essay outline, find a suitable topic, and decide what to write in your paper.
📝 World Hunger Essay Writing Tips
In this passage, we will share some advice on writing an essay about world hunger. You can use them both for long and short papers and even for drafting your speech on the issue.
What to Write in an Essay about World Hunger?
Check these four acute themes that you can discuss in your work.
we’ll deliver a custom essay
written 100% from scratch
- Poverty is the main reason for world hunger. That is why Asian and African countries suffer the most. Explain how poverty creates a cycle that causes low incomes for future generations and, as a result, hunger.
- The issue is on the rise. The number of people who suffer from hunger grows each year. The COVID-19 pandemic made things even worse. The percentage of malnourished people rose from 8.4% in 2019 to 9.9% in 2020. Write about the tendencies and the depth of the issue.
- How to end world hunger? Research the organizations that fight world hunger. Describe your vision of the possible solutions. Also, try to mention how an average human can contribute to them.
- People who no longer suffer from hunger still cannot afford a healthy diet. Cheap food often includes industrial trans-fats and a high proportion of salt and sugar. Define the problems that developing counties face on the way from hunger to proper nutrition.
How to Write an Essay on World Hunger?
- Plan your work. It would help if you left enough time to research, write, and edit.
- Select credible sources. Better use academic publications that your library provides. Make sure that they are not outdated.
- Check if your ideas are unique. Search for other papers that study a similar topic.
- Follow the structure. You need an introduction with a thesis statement, at least three body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Pay attention to the type of essay you have to write (argumentative, persuasive, problem and solution, etc.). The structure might be different depending on it.
- Provide explanations. If your audience might not understand some terms, make a glossary at the beginning of your essay.
- Introduce your vision. After you provide a deep analysis of your sources, add your thoughts on the issue. State your opinion, provide criticism, or suggest ways for further research.
- Proofread and get a second opinion. Check if your grammar and spelling are in order. Make sure that you follow the requirements of your instructor. Let somebody review your essay.
- Remember that the topic is sensitive. Avoid conflicts of interest and breaking ethical principles. Pay attention to the tone of writing.
Helpful Links for a World Hunger Essay
And here is our selection of resources for a world hunger essay. They will help you develop knowledge about world hunger and decide on your area of research.
Check the links below:
with 15% off
based on your instructions
🌽 World Hunger Problems and Solutions Essay
Below, we will show how to create a world hunger essay outline. Here are descriptions of the structure and essay samples.
World Hunger Essay Outline #1
- Introduction. Provide an overview of the further paragraphs and some background information. Describe the questions that you will answer. For example, what are the current problems in the issue of world hunger? The last sentence of the introduction is your thesis statement. You need to introduce the issues and the solutions in it briefly.
- Body. Define three problems and provide a solution to each one. Support your suggestions with scientific data that you gathered while researching. The first sentence of each paragraph should hint at what the whole passage is about.
- Conclusion. Synthesize the information that you discussed in your paper. Restate your thesis. You can also define the excising gaps in the knowledge and the need for further research.
World Hunger Problems and Solutions Essay Sample
World hunger is a rising issue in most of the countries with low average incomes. Only in Asia, there are 513.9 million people who suffer from malnutrition. Several problems contribute to the issue, such as population growth, lack of education, and underdeveloped agricultural sector. The possible solutions include birth rate control, improvement of school education, and applying genetic engineering to the agricultural industry. Population growth in Africa and Asia is a factor that contributes to poverty. It is the leading cause of hunger in these regions. Almost two-thirds of poor children live in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia. That is the reason why birth control can help families reduce their financial burden. The measures include educating teenagers and young adults on contraception. This should be accompanied by providing accessible contraception methods. Lack of education means that children who do not receive enough knowledge cannot apply for high-paid jobs. Children from remote rural areas are two times less likely to attend even primary schools. Implementing free schools is the first step to raising the economies of developing countries. The children who graduate from high school have more perspectives than children with no education at all. It means that each country should provide free gender-equitable access to school education for all children regardless of their economic background. GM products that can survive high temperatures and are resistant to pesticides and diseases can improve food security in developing countries. Many Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia regions are prone to high temperatures, droughts, and floods. That is why investing in biotechnologies is vital for the countries that suffer from hunger. Raising research costs will enable scientists to look for the best solutions and cultivate crops that will survive extreme weather conditions. As a result, farmers will not risk their investments and will guarantee food supply for citizens of their country. While fighting world hunger, it is vital to focus on birth control, providing accessible education for children, and investing in genetic engineering research. Having fewer children will make it easier for families to cover the nutritional costs and ensure their literacy. GM products are more likely to survive hot weather and floods, which will create a secure food provision system for developing countries. All the research outcomes require checking and testing as we also need to make sure that all the used products will not bear harmful effects on human health.
🔓 How to Solve World Hunger Essay
In this part, we will take a look at another type of essay on world hunger. It will feature one problem and multiple solutions to it.
World Hunger Essay Outline #2
- Introduction. State the problem that you will discuss and explain its importance. Define the terms that might be unfamiliar to your readers. In the thesis statement, mention one solution to the problem. This solution will be the foundation of your essay.
- Body. Offer three arguments for your solution. Provide reliable evidence relevant to your vision. Analyze the sources that you use.
- Conclusion. Synthesize the information mentioned in the previous paragraphs. Explain why your solution is the best way to deal with the problem. Paraphrase your thesis statement. Suggest possible ways of further researching your topic.
How to Solve World Hunger Essay Sample
Ending world hunger by the end of 2030 is one of the primary goals of the United Nations. 8,9% of the world population suffers from malnutrition, which is roughly 690 million people. If the trend continues, there will be 60 million more in the next five years. There are several solutions to the issue, including improving job opportunities for women, financial aid for farmers and other entrepreneurs, and educating people on proper nutrition. Empowering women means they will be able to provide for their families. As a result, each family will have additional income that will help to cover nutrition costs. For example, USAID’s food voucher program provides equal job opportunities to men and women. 18 000 households that participate in the program can afford healthy foods and training on hygiene and nutrition. Food provision and financial aid are not enough; people still need to know how to use the opportunities they receive. We need to educate people on proper nutrition, health, and hygiene. Washing hands, having clean toilet facilities, and having access to water are fundamental for all the farms and other workplaces. Growing and preparing food in the right conditions can reduce food waste and the risk of getting diseases. As sick workers can’t provide for their families, it is vital to ensure their education. Fighting world hunger means adopting a multilateral approach to the issue. Gender equality and financial support can ensure job opportunities in developing countries. Employers should guarantee safe and hygienic working conditions for their workers. At the same time, all the people need to receive proper knowledge on maintaining their health.
🥗 World Hunger Essay Topics
If the topics above were not catchy for you, check this compilation of 80 excellent world hunger essay titles:
- The connection between unemployment rates and world hunger.
- What causes malnutrition in developing Asian countries?
- How to create the agricultural sector in countries suffering from hunger?
- Can volunteer programs help to reduce world hunger?
- In what ways does corruption affect world hunger in developing countries?
- The effects of hunger on pregnancy and giving birth.
- Obesity and malnutrition. The comparison of food problems in the US and developing countries.
- Using advanced biotechnologies in agriculture as a way to reduce world hunger.
- How to encourage African farmers to produce more food.
- The best volunteering programs that fight world hunger.
- The overview of hunger issues in Bangladesh.
- How did the 2008 economic crisis affect world hunger?
- Is there a connection between overpopulation and hunger in Asia?
- Can African countries end hunger without international help?
- Hunger in the Philippines: The primary outcomes.
- The effects of hunger on the human mind and intelligence.
- Action plan to end hunger in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- The countries that are successful in fighting hunger.
- Comparison between world hunger rates fifty years ago and now.
- What can any person do to reduce world hunger?
- The effects of world hunger on the global economy.
- What are the main causes of famine? History perspective.
- Hunger in the United States: Myth or truth?
- Civil wars as a cause of hunger in African countries.
- How does gender inequality affect world hunger?
- Hunger in India: Nutrition goals and current accomplishments.
- Why is there such a big gap between the rich and the poor?
- What are the effects of long-term malnutrition on the human body?
- Does climate change affect hunger in African countries?
- The measures Asian countries currently take to reduce hunger.
- The causes and effects of hunger in Afghanistan.
- Hunger during wars: Should we support conflicting countries?
- The causes and effects of hunger in Nepal.
- Why do women starve themselves even if they have access to food?
- Who is responsible for world hunger?
- Is it real to end world hunger by 2030?
- The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on world hunger.
- How the development of infrastructure helps to reduce world hunger.
- What are the causes of hunger in economically developed countries?
- Boko Haram’s terror and hunger in Nigeria.
- The connection between diseases and hunger in developing countries.
- How do Asian countries fight world hunger?
- Urban and rural malnutrition differences in Africa.
- Does the economic growth of a country guarantee hunger reduction?
- Food security programs in Georgia: Achievements and failures.
- How do natural disasters affect fighting hunger in Pakistan?
Now you are ready to start working on your paper.
Take notes on the key moments and prepare for productive work on your essay. We hope that the information above was very helpful for you.