Best Summary Generator for Essays
Wondering where to find the best summary generator for an essay, research paper, or book? Try our free summary maker! It will quickly make a short synopsis from any piece of academic text.
Writing a summary of any kind can be quite a challenge for a student of any level. Sooner or later, each one faces this task and has to ask numerous questions about creating a summary.
These may include:
- How to skillfully shorten a text but keep crucial information intact?
- How to make a good summary so that your tutor will highly evaluate your work?
Do not panic because our team prepared just the right thing for you! Our best summary generator will do most of the meticulous work. All you have to do is to insert your original text of any kind into a blank space. The summary tool will do all the magic.
In the article below, we will discuss in detail the purpose of a summary and how to write it. Naturally, we will thoroughly explain why and when do you need a cut down version of a text. Then, we will take a look at every possible type of summaries that might occur in your studies. At the end of the article, you will find useful tips and tricks on writing.
🔠 Best Summary Generator: Why Use It?
First, let us take a look at the definition. In its most basic purpose, a summary is a shortened version of a text. It’s around one-third of the original document in length and contains only its essential ideas.
At this point, you might be asking yourself: "Why do I need a summary generator, if the task looks so easy?" However, do not be so hasty with conclusions.
Take a look at the many cases where you might need a summary of a text:
To gain a better understanding of an article.
Having skimmed an article with complicated grammar, you may have no idea what you've just read. You might realize that you barely understood anything or nothing at all. It happens quite often with the academic papers that require too much concentration from the reader.
For this purpose, it is in your best interest to copy that text into our summary maker. It will provide you with crucial points and ideas form any article.
To read faster.
Composing a paper, you may find a variety of sources useless after reading them. Thus, you've wasted time on an article that won't come in handy. To save your precious minutes and effort, you can use a summary generator. It'll cut the text down and show you the essentials. Then you can decide whether you need to read the entirety of the document or not.
To support your idea(s) with the author's work.
This example does not imply a summary as a critical part of your paper. However, you can include it in your piece of academic writing.
For an argumentative essay or a research paper, you need to support your arguments with evidence. Then you have to find a reputable source with someone’s work that confirms your statement. In your paper, you will retell and provide a summary of their piece of writing.
To disagree with the author's opinion.
Summarizing is a great way to condense any article to increase your understanding of it. If you see the author’s idea, you can efficiently argue with it. You can even provide it as a counterargument in your paper.
To condense big chunks of information into one-two paragraphs.
Finally, this is the task we have already mentioned. You may be assigned to compress the original document. To fit it into a small space, you will have to analyze it first. Getting the core message can be tricky. Our summary generator can do so while keeping the central idea intact.
Now, you can see that summarizing can prove to be handy in any type of academic paper. Remember to test our summary maker for even better results!
📝 How to Generate the Best Summary
We have already discussed the definition of a summary and situations where you might need it. The remaining question right now is obvious:
How do you write these summaries?
This is not a simple question, as many types of text can be summarized. Consequently, a summary of each document will be different. Its structure profoundly depends on the original text and its outline.
Our excellent online summary tool can help you with composing a shorter version of any paper. Below, you will find detailed information about each type of summary.
There are three types of summary organization:
- Main Point Summary
- Key Points Summary
- Outline Summary
Generating an Article Summary
Summarizing articles is one of the most common tasks for a student. However, even a seasoned summary writer can experience some difficulty working with this piece of writing.
Let’s take a look at essential tips you should follow:
- Determine the key ideas of the article.
- Start the summary with a title, the main point, and the author's name.
- Find what evidence supports the ideas.
- Express the underlying meaning of the article without repeating what has been said word for word.
- Compare to the original text and see what you can improve.
- Make sure your thesis statement reflects the core message of the article.
- Cut the summary down if it's more than the third of the original text.
- Outline the article and check whether the core data is included.
- Avoid adding your personal opinion in your summary; it has to be strictly analytical.
Not all of these pieces of advice are necessary to follow. If you do, they will make your summary writing much easier.
Now, see the general structure of the article’s summary:
In your introduction, you have to create a brief overview of an article. Besides, mention its title and author.
These paragraphs are the core of your summary. There are a few small rules for composing them:
- Begin each part with a sentence of your topic.
- The total number of paragraphs depends on the size of your article. A good summary has to be 1/3 of the size of the original article.
- If you have a one-paragraph summary, analyze each key point in a separate sentence. Provide 1-2 commentary for each argument. In multi-paragraph summaries, examine the ideas in separate paragraphs.
- Remember to use transitions between your paragraphs. Your tutor will appreciate it.
Your conclusion must focus on reinstating and summarizing the main idea. Also, make sure to underline the meaning of the article you were working with.
Summarizing a Research Paper
A research paper is a piece of academic writing that provides information and research on a topic. In most cases, it consists of seven main sections:
A summary of a research paper is called an executive summary. This detailed review gathers vital ideas from the original text. It arranges them in such a way so that the reader can understand the study’s overall content.
The thing is:
Due to its complexity, an executive summary is a standalone piece of work. Much like any other type, it can vary in size from 1 to 10 pages.
The whole process of executive summary making does not differ drastically from article summaries. The entire point is to find essential arguments and ideas. Writing it, you have to analyze the text carefully and cut it to its essentials.
So, an executive summary requires good data gathering from a research paper. Each kind has a different structure. That’s why you have to employ your knowledge of the American Psychological Association format (APA).
Scan the article, looking for:
- The main aim of a study and the research question (Introduction).
- The tested hypothesis (Introduction).
- With what means that hypothesis was tested (Method).
- Discoveries (Results and tables/figures).
- Interpretation of the findings (Discussion).
Make sure to underline every key idea and sentence you find, so you will be able to return to your findings. Focus on the most relevant parts of the research article. Always stay focused on the main research question, be concise, and avoid generalizations.
You may have asked:
What is the most vital difference between the summary of an ordinary article and research? The style and language are. Of course, the concrete and straightforward language will help to reach out to your audience. It will ensure that they understand everything you’ve stated.
Nevertheless, while avoiding wordiness and too complicated sentences, keep your paper formal. Make sure to use scientifically accurate language. Your tutor will appreciate your efforts. It might sound confusing at first, but with practice, you will grasp this idea.
One more thing:
Paraphrase as much as possible to avoid plagiarism. After you finish your work, remember to revise it. You will inevitably make some mistakes, so re-reading is a smart choice. Ask your friends or family members to help you edit your paper. Two heads are always better than one.
Do not forget to check our online summary creator for perfect results!
Generating a Book Summary
Reading a summary is one of the best ways to get all the plot points from any piece of literature. It can help a student to save crucial time needed to study the subject. A book summary presents the plot, characters, and other details about it.
Creating one can be tricky. It requires meticulous work and comprehension of a studied literary text.
There are some tips you should follow to compose a good book summary:
Annotate the text while you're reading it:
- Pick any useful piece of a note-making instrument (e.g., pen, pencil, post-it, etc.).
- Skim through the text at first to get the general idea of it. Then, read it carefully the second time. You can repeat this process as many times as you want.
- Start marking everything that grabs your attention (e.g., causes emotion, unfamiliar, etc.).
- Begin to annotate by circling essential ideas in the text while explaining your choice.
- Mark any repetitions or rhetorical signals.
- Note passages that look conflicting.
- Discuss your findings with your teacher/professor.
- Write down key events and other useful notes. For example, list the main characters if it's fiction.
- Divide the book into sections.
- Determine the critical ideas of each part and the overall story.
- Write it down in a logical order. Introduce the story, the characters, the events, state the main ideas, and conclude.
- Make a reasonable conclusion. Do not include your opinion here.
- Revise and proofread.
As you can see, creating a book summary can be a fun and pleasant process. Just stay attentive and focused. Make sure to check our best summary generator to make your work much more manageable!
Summarizing a Resume
At last, let us talk about a summary of your resume. Sooner or later, everyone has to apply for a job. To leave an impression, you can create a short summary about yourself.
A resume summary is a paragraph at the beginning of your professional resume. There you list your skills and job experience. It helps to get your potential employer's attention as they skim through numerous resumes.
In other words:
Creating a well-composed professional summary can be a deciding factor in your success. It usually contains 4-5 bullet points where you present your top skills, experiences, and achievements.
But how do you write a resume summary? We have a few great tips.
- Write about your strong sides in a couple of words.
- If you ever had any professional experience or currently employed—mention all of that.
- Express your willingness to cooperate with your employer in every way to reach better results as a company.
- Include a list of your key achievements in life to prove that you can deliver results.
- Make your resume summary in 3-5 sentences. Include numbers where possible.
Keep in mind the most critical piece of advice: be relevant. Do not write too many things about yourself that are unnecessary to mention.
📋 Generating an Executive Summary
An executive summary is a short synopsis of a proposal, report, or business plan. It allows executives to see the main points and make informed decisions quickly.
How to make an executive summary?
- Define a task. Understand how long the summary should be and what its purpose is.
- Read the full text. Check the entire document and understand its main points.
- Outline your summary. Determine what key points and findings should be included in your executive summary.
- Write the text. Remember that it must be concise yet accurate.
- Present implications and recommendations. Complete the executive summary with key findings and recommendations for a solution if appropriate.
Note that our summary generator is not able to generate recommendations, yet it can perfectly condense a proposal, report, or business plan into a brief synopsis.
👌 Summary Generator: the Benefits
|💰 Free usage||You don’t need to pay.|
|🌼 Simple interface||Paste the text & get the result.|
|🕹 Tunable||Choose the summary length.|
|🧦 Convenient||You don’t need to download anything.|
📍 Best Summary Generator FAQ
- In conclusion,
- As a result,
- For this reason,
- In general.
In conclusion, the following summary of a book proves to be a valuable source of information on the American lifestyle in the post-war period.
Thank you for taking some time to read our article about our summary generator. Deemed it to be useful? Share it with others who might have difficulties with summary writing.