In a world darkened by ethnic conflicts that tear nations apart, Canada stands as a model of how people of different cultures can live and work together in peace, prosperity, and mutual respect.Bill Clinton
Canada is the linchpin of the English-speaking world.Sir Winston Churchill
By the way, if you are an American student and have to prepare a Canadian identity essay, make sure you realize that Canada differs from the USA greatly. Many Americans draw parallels between two countries. In fact, writing a Canadian identity essay about the influence of the United States on Canada is a good idea.
based on your instructions
Well, what else should you do to write a good essay on Canadian identity? Start with the following:
- Check whether you understand what “identity” actually means before you get down to writing your Canadian identity essay.
- What do you know about Canadian history? Writing a good essay on Canadian identity is impossible without knowing at least some basic facts.
- Try to talk to Canadians if possible. It is an effective way to collect some exclusive information for essays on Canadian identity.
What about the main idea of your essay on Canadian identity? Actually, you may focus on anything that makes Canada a unique country. Sure, you may start with its history and traditions. However, there are a lot of other things to tell about:
- Canadian amazing nature;
- Canadian symbols;
- Famous people, and so on.
Essay Topics on Canada & Canadian Identity
- Discuss the unique features of Canadian identity.
- The role of First Nations in shaping Canadian identity.
- Language diversity as a significant characteristic of Canadian identity.
- How is Canadian identity reflected in the country’s anthem and symbols?
- The role of the monarchy in Canadian identity.
- How does multiculturalism shape Canadian identity?
- Compare and contrast the cultural identities of French and English Canadians.
- Discuss Canadians’ search for their national identity.
- Peacekeeping as an essential element of Canadian identity.
- The major historical circumstances that determined Canadian identity.
- The role of hockey in Canadian identity.
- Why identifying Canada’s national identity has always been a problem for the country?
- The relationship between immigration and Canadian identity.
- Core values defining Canadian culture.
- The issue of cultural identity in Quebec.