Essay Topic Generator for College & School
Sorry, we didn't find any topics matching "". Please try again.
Have you ever received an essay assignment, but no ideas for a topic came up to your mind? We got you covered! With our essay idea generator, you’ll have no problem finding the best title to write about.
Essay writing has always been an essential part of any academic study. It doesn’t matter whether you are composing such a paper for school or university. Everywhere, this kind of assignment tests a student's comprehension of a studied subject. It reveals their ability to analyze and present information. Essay writing can be quite engaging and thought-provoking when you’re interested in the topic.
However, many students struggle to come up with a well-composed topic. They may need an idea, which can allow them to do thorough research on a subject. Or they may be looking for a title for an hour-long composing. But where can they find it?
For this exact purpose, Overnight Essay have created our custom topic generator for essays. In this article, we listed several great tips for essay writing. Discussing different types of essays, we exemplified the corresponding titles and structures. In the end, there are explanations of frequently asked questions (FAQ) from students.
✔ 7 Tips for Essay Writing
Take a look at our recommendations for essay writing. These tips are going to be useful to any essay, no matter its type.
- Choose a topic. First and foremost, select a title for your paper. Our essay topic and question generator will assist you in this task.
- Write a thesis statement. A good thesis determines whether your whole work is going to succeed or not. Make sure you answer the central question of your paper and present your perspective on a subject. After stating your thesis, elaborate on it in every paragraph.
- Outline your essay. Even when you don’t struggle with the body of your paper, outline your work. You will waste less energy with a general plan.
- Come up with a hook and introduction. Make your introduction concise and explicit. You should catch the reader’s attention with a hook. Avoid using vague statements and facts.
- Add topic sentences and transitions. Think about the key ideas (topic sentences) you want to mention in your essay. They will determine the borders of each body paragraph of your work. Also, make your transitions logical and smooth. These things will make it easier for the reader to follow your work.
- Fill in the blanks (write the body and conclusion). In the main body, you have to describe, explain, or argue the topic. The conclusion is as much important as the introduction of your essay. Be sure to summarize your ideas and the critical message. Do not introduce any new concepts.
- Revise and proofread. After composing your perfect essay, take the time to revise and proofread it. Even with a well-composed thesis, body, and conclusion, you might lose points to grammar and syntax mistakes.
👀 How to Generate a School or College Essay Idea?
There are quite a few types of essays. A topic for each one is distinct and depends on the required structure. In other words, to choose an idea, you have to understand what the purpose of your paper is. Our essay topic generator can help you to select a title. But you may have to change it according to the kind of essay you are dealing with.
Below, we’ll take a closer look at major types of academic essays. We’ll consider topics that correspond to them and examples.
📖 Argumentative Essay Topics
An argumentative essay is a type of essay that requires a student to investigate a topic. For this, they have to collect and evaluate pieces of evidence. The final goal is to establish a student's position clearly.
The main structure of an argumentative essay includes:
- The introduction with a concise thesis.
- Body paragraphs with well-researched evidence.
- The conclusion that restates and enhances the central thesis from the provided evidence.
Topics for argumentative essay must include a complicated question. It will initiate research and argument. With our essay question generator, you will easily find your perfect topic.
Each paper requires a hook that will draw the reader’s attention from the first line. For example, an argumentative essay hook on technology can look like this:
Should tech companies be allowed to collect data from their users?
Persuasive essays are very similar to argumentative essays in both structure and research. However, they tend to consist only of your own opinion, instead of discussing other points of view. It should be supported by evidence, nevertheless. A persuasive essay idea can look like this:
Recycling should be heavily encouraged on a national level.
🤷 Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Compare and contrast essays are self-explanatory. You are required to find similarities and differences between the two subjects of your research. Some tasks may ask you only for comparison or contrast. Be sure to pay attention to your tasks carefully. For example, compare and contrast topics can look like this:
- Compare and contrast military technology used by countries in WWI and WWII, identify its similarities and differences. (Compare and contrast).
- Compare the Roman army structure before and after Marian reforms; what are their significant differences? (ONLY contrast).
- Compare totalitarian regimes of Nazi Germany and the USSR, identifying similarities between their political systems. (ONLY compare).
👉 Cause and Effect Essay Topics
Cause and effect essays discuss how one thing leads to another one. So, you should explain the problem’s cause and analyze the result it caused. Outlining for this type of essay will help you immensely to organize your research and analysis. Cause and effect topics have the following format:
- Video games can boost cognitive abilities.
- Obesity can lead to complications with the cardiovascular system.
🖌️ Expository Essay Topics
The goal of an expository essay is to explain something so that there is no room for interpretation. By the end of the paper, the reader should have a clear understanding of the subject.
This type of essay should not have any debate, persuasion, or introduce personal views. Its purpose is strictly informative. That I to say, you must present factual and descriptive information from trustworthy sources.
Our essay topic generator will assist with finding the right topic for an expository essay. The examples of a descriptive essay are the following:
- Analyze the conflict between Hamlet and Claudius in Shakespeare’s tragedy.
- Explain the best way(s) to rehabilitate former prisoners.
📋 Classification Essay Topics
Classification essays arrange people, objects, or ideas with shared characteristics into particular categories or groups. They usually have a standard five-paragraph structure.
In the thesis, you introduce your topic and several categories. For example, if we are writing a classification essay about diets, the thesis could look like this:
There are many types of diets. In this article, we are going to discuss and classify three forms of diets: a low-fat diet, detox diet, and vegetarian diet.
As for the topics, they present the general idea of your paper. Topics for classification essays consist of a simple one-two word phrase. For example, vacations, homes, world religions, etc.
🗣️ Narrative Essay Topics
Narrative (personal) essays have a strong connection with personal experiences. Usually, you receive them for your creative writing class, so they have a standard five-paragraph structure.
Narrative essays tell a story from a certain point of view (the author’s, most of the time). They have a single motif around which the narrative develops. In most cases, the story is full of emotional details and personal narratives. They aid the readers in understanding the writer’s idea.
A narrative essay title may look something like this:
- My First Day at School.
- Best Memory of My Childhood.
- If I Had a Time Machine.
👌 Essay Topic Generator: the Benefits
|💰 Free to use||You won’t need to pay anything.|
|✅ Multipurpose||Get ideas for any project.|
|💡 Easy & fast||Add the keywords and click “Generate new topic”.|
|🧦 Convenient||You won’t need to download any apps.|
📍 Topic Generator FAQ
Thank you for reading this article. We hope that it was helpful and informative, and will assist you in your academic studies. Share our essay topic generator with your friends. It can help them choose the best idea to write about.