If you think that gender inequality is not an important issue anymore, bad news, you are wrong.
custom paper for $12.00 $10.20/page
based on your instructions
Women earn ~20% less than men, which will not change in the nearest 38 years unless every member of the society takes action.
In your essay on feminism, you might want to focus on the history or theory of the movement. Another idea is to write a feminist criticism paper on a film or a literary piece.
Wondering how to start a women empowerment essay? Want to know how to write about feminism? Outlining and planning your paper has never been easier! Take a look at a feminism essay outline sample and topics that we collected below. We also added several good feminism essay examples to inspire you even more.
🗃️ Feminism Essay: The 4 Steps to Write It
So, what should you do?
we’ll deliver a custom essay
written 100% from scratch
Before you start making your first draft, you need some pre-work. It consists of four stages: choosing the topic, researching, outlining, and writing.
Our experts prepared a step-by-step guide for you.
Follow it to write an excellent feminism argumentative essay.
Step 1: Choose a Feminism Essay Topic
At first, you need to decide what concerns you the most. Feminism is a rather broad topic, so there’s something worth attention for everyone.
Your topic should be comprehensive. However, don’t narrow it down too much. There might not be enough information.
with 15% off
- Brainstorm your ideas. Try to remember everything you’ve heard or read; jot it down.
- Avoid mainstream or simple issues. It will be very hard to say something new about it.
- Formulate your topic as a research question. You will need to introduce and answer it in your paper.
- Do some research. You need to estimate if you can find enough information.
- Check if the topic is relevant. Consult your instructor if you hesitate.
For instance, look at these two topics:
A bad topic example: Feminism is a popular movement.
A good topic example: Why is feminism popular among working women in the United States?
*The second topic is narrow enough to study feminism in the particular context – working women in the United States. It also poses a specific question. However, there’s a need to define the meaning of popularity in this case.
Step 2: Conduct Your Research
After you’ve chosen the topic, get to researching. This might be the most essential part of your preparation.
The quality of your sources defines the quality of your paper. You can find many sources for your essay about feminism online, but not all of them are credible.
How to find reliable information?
based on your instructions
- Use library databases and catalogs. Your college should provide access to them.
- Pay attention to the following: author, publisher, date of publication. This will help you estimate the relevance of the source before you start reading it.
- Ask your instructor for help. They can recommend the sources or another area of research.
- Avoid such sources as social media, Wikipedia, forums, etc. They might help you to understand your topic better. Though, don’t use them as references in your paper.
Step 3: Feminism Essay Outline
Before making a draft, you should outline your paper. A feminism essay outline below is based on a typical 5-paragraph essay format.
|Introduction||State the issue, research question, and explain the relevance of research. Try to hook your readers by asking a provocative question or presenting impressing statistics. Provide a literature review or background of the issue if your task requires it. A thesis statement should be the last sentence of the introduction.|
For example, in an essay about gender wage gap, you could start with a statistical fact: on average, women earn just 82 cents for every $1 earned by men. Your thesis statement could be as follows: Gender equality is beneficial for the economy.
|Body||While introducing arguments, provide some evidence supporting them. At least three paragraphs are required, each focusing on a certain argument.|
In your essay on gender wage gap, you could elaborate on the three key factors that drive it:
Occupational segregation (the so-called women’s jobs that are less paid),
Differences in years of experience (caused by a range of unpaid obligations like caregiving that women traditionally have),
Gender-based discrimination (that has been illegal but remains a common practice).
|Conclusion||Summarize your findings and analyze them while answering the research question. Suggest your solutions to the discussed problems. Explain the importance of the paper once again.|
Concluding your essay on gender wage gap, you could summarize your arguments. It is also a good idea to offer a number of solutions to the issue – for example, some changes to parental leaves policies.
Step 4: Write Your Feminism Essay
Now it’s time to write!
Use your drafts to create an essay on women empowerment.
The core part of your paper is argumentation. Choose the most substantial arguments and evidence. Put them at the beginning and the end of your argumentation line. Make sure that the structure is logical.
Proofread your essay. Pay information to your writing tone, grammar, and spelling. Ask somebody to read it and tell their opinion. You need to be sure that a person who hasn’t researched the topic can understand your writing.
Once you have finished, leave your essay for a couple of hours. Then re-read it and make final edits.
Check if you followed all the instructions. What is the formatting style? Should you save your essay in PDF? If everything is OK, congratulations! You have done it!
📝 Feminism Essay Prompts
Do you need some inspiration and advice?
In this passage, we will discuss the most popular topics in the context of feminism.
Feminism Definition Essay
As the term “feminism” has many interpretations, you can discuss one or compare several. Of course, the movement has changed through history. Feminism is not the same thing as it was 100 or even 20 years ago.
Here are the points you can examine:
- Feminism as intellectual commitment. Explain the vision of feminism and how knowledge has changed the world.
- Feminism as a political movement. Describe the women’s activism in the United States or Europe from the late 19th century to the present day.
- Different types of feminism and their philosophies. Here you have to explain the values of the movements. Describe their members.
- The concept of feminism in different countries. Highlight the similarities and the differences. You can compare several countries or do a thorough analysis of two.
- The meaning of feminism in the 21st century. Describe how feminism changed and what are the key priorities today. You can also mention the key activists that lead the movement.
Women Empowerment Essay
Start with the main principles of women’s empowerment. Those include the understanding of self-worth, the ability to make choices and influence society. After you define the concept, proceed with more specific areas.
How can you do it?
- Tell a story. Pick one life-changing story for your women in power essay. You can describe how it made a difference in one woman’s life and how it inspired others.
- Explain how the process has changed the lives of women. Choose less emancipated countries and describe how to modify the situation there.
- Choose the course of action. Define the areas which are essential in women’s empowerment today. It can be education, career, family, etc. Suggest your plan to implement the changes.
- Explain how feminism contributes to women’s empowerment. Pick the particular examples of activism, movements, speeches, and courses of action.
Why We Need Feminism Essay
This type of essay is perfect for an argumentative topic. The need for feminism varies for each country, person, or society. In this case, you have to frame your research to a specific person or group of people.
Here are the possible areas for discussion:
- Explain the values of modern feminism and why it is necessary to accept them. Write about the importance of popularizing them.
- Describe the misconceptions that evolved around feminism. Explain the reasons for negative stigmas and why they are wrong.
- Write about the problems that feminism fights. For example, rape, violence, and body legislation. Discuss why we need to pay attention to them and how feminist activists contribute to them.
- Describe the role of feminism in your life. You can include the positive impact, the change of your life views, and the opportunities it gave you.
Feminism in the Workplace Essay
Women changed their occupations a lot since feminists started fighting for equal job opportunities. However, we still see the need for improvements. Everyone has a right to work, but there is inequality and problems to discuss.
Take a look at this list of ideas for your essay:
- Write about women in the labor force from a historical perspective. It is better to choose a specific time frame and define problems and changes.
- Describe the current situation. Highlight the problems such as the wage gap or different responsibilities outside the job. You can also write about the jobs that are not available for women.
- Suggest the solutions to the problems. Write about the companies that promote gender equality. Describe their impact and strategy.
- Research a particular country about its professional sphere. You can also compare two or three of them.
💯 100 Feminism Essay Topics
Ready to choose your topic? We are sure that you will find something worth attention here.
Here is our selection of essay titles:
- Why is it essential to study feminism for students?
- Black feminism in the United States. The key values, challenges, and goals.
- The possible ways to establish feminist values in Asian countries.
- What are the current trends in liberal feminism?
- How to prevent sexual harassment and rapes in the United States?
- Does feminism move the world towards a matriarchal society?
- How does feminism contribute to the economy of the United States?
- Gender roles. Who is responsible for creating them?
- The third wave of feminism: the key achievements.
- Eating disorders and their consequences among women.
- A modern CV. Should there be written information about gender and age?
- What is the difference between gender and sex?
- Why is it better to educate men than to protect women?
- The main concepts of the second wave of feminism.
- How does feminism influence the perception of women’s sexuality?
- Why should we pay more attention to girls’ education?
- Gender bias in profession choice. Why should we fight stereotypes?
- What are the factors determining abusive relationships?
- Female writers in the 19th century. The struggles of the career.
- How would modern society be different without gender stereotypes?
- Do we need gender-binary bathrooms in public places?
- Fashion and retail. Why are goods designed for women more expensive?
- Is “pink tax” just about business, or does it involve politics?
- The goals of intersectional feminism in the United States.
- How feminism supports the diversity of women in Europe?
- Should a woman look feminine to be attractive?
- What values do radical feminists project on the young generation?
- How does Netflix contribute to feminism and promote gender equality?
- Can feminism provoke hatred of women towards men?
- The key features and goals of postmodern feminism.
- Do radical feminists try to discriminate against men and their rights?
- What is the point of the anti-feminist movement in the 21st century?
- Why don’t women leave their abusive husbands or partners?
- What are the achievements of ecofeminism in the last ten years?
- The portrayal of women’s empowerment in cinematography and literature.
- Feminism in Scandinavian countries. Are they the most emancipated?
- How can we eliminate sexism in advertising and marketing?
- Beauty standards. Why do women harm themselves to look good?
- Feminism anarchists. What values do they promote?
- Feminism in India. How does Urdu culture influence gender equality?
- Why are there more dangers for women than men in society?
- Online activism. How does it contribute to global feminism?
- The changes in feminist philosophy in the last 30 years.
- Fat shaming. Why are women so concerned about their looks?
- Why should birth control pills exist for men as well?
- The ways to fight women’s oppression in Arab countries.
- How do businesses earn on gender inequality and patriarchal values?
- The portrayal of a typical feminist in the 21st century.
- In what ways do radical and liberal feminism movements contradict each other?
- Body positivity and feminism. Similarities and differences in values.
- Feminism in African countries. What do they fight for?
- Sexism in business. The misconceptions about female entrepreneurs.
- Feminism and transgender people. What challenges do they face?
- How feminism helps women to understand their self-worth?
- The history of radical feminism in the United States.
- Why are there more men than women in Forbes?
- The connection between economic advancement and feminism in Europe.
- How do women in politics contribute to gender equality?
- Women in politics. The challenges of the career.
- How to explain feminism to children in simple terms?
- Feminism among teenagers. Positive and negative aspects of activism.
- Feminism and parenting. Should there be gender roles in children’s upbringing?
- Victim blaming. The reasons for supporting victimized women.
- Are there true feminists among men? The controversy of the issue.
- Why should men support women’s empowerment?
- How and why has the word “feminism” changed its meaning in the English language?
- Career and family life. How to promote equal responsibilities for men and women?
- How should parents treat their children to avoid gender inequality issues in the future?
- Do we still need gender roles in the 21st century?
- Why are some men afraid of the feminist movement?
- The efficiency of speeches for students on feminism.
- The most powerful and recognized feminists of the 20th century.
- Girls’ role models. How did they change because of feminism?
- The main feminist activists in Europe in the 21st century?
- The best ways of self-protection for women in the United States.
- Black power movement and feminism. What do they have in common?
- Why should teenagers study feminism at high school?
- What is the impact of feminism on your life?
- What can every person do to contribute to feminism?
- How does feminism support same-sex marriages?
- Should everyone be a feminist? The possibility of this scenario.
- Men’s attitude to modern feminism. How do they perceive the movement?
- Queer feminists in the United States. Activism and social positions.
- How to become a feminist? What should you know and do?
- Career opportunities in the military for female soldiers.
- #Metoo movement and its impact on males and females.
- Why do some women resist and criticize feminism?
📜 Feminism Essay Examples
Before you start writing, take a look at these samples. We have prepared one argumentative and one descriptive essay example for you. You can use them as a reference for your paper.
Gender Wage Gaps & Feminism Argumentative Essay
The gender wage gap is a problem that many women face in their careers. Regardless of their position, a female on average earns 82 cents to every dollar a male earns. As a result, they are not able to have the same pensions and social security as men after retirement. Women should receive the same payments as men as they are equally productive. Besides, they provide for their families too, and it would be beneficial for the economy. Gender doesn’t affect productivity, especially when it comes to intellectual jobs. Women receive equal education and pay for the tuition. It is unfair that after graduation, they start working for less money. For example, according to the research held by the American Association of University Women, female physicians and surgeons in total earn $19 billion less annually than men. It is unfair because they have the same responsibilities and workload. Moreover, it is more challenging to get a job because the market is not favorable for women. Women also take part in forming family budgets. Working women pay rent or mortgage, pay for food expenses, and contribute to their children’s well-being. Single mothers have to provide for their families alone. They are in the most vulnerable position as lower salaries make them work more. That is why they should receive fair payment. In addition, women also spend more money on goods designed for them, such as clothes or healthcare products. Higher prices and lower salaries make it harder for women to make a living. If women earn as much as men, it means they will pay more taxes and will be able to spend more money. It would be better for the economy, as money turnover is a critical factor determining economic growth.
Essay on Empowerment of Women in India
India is on its way to women’s empowerment. The situation has gotten much better in the last thirty years. Female political, business, and medicine participation increased. But there are still various challenges as India is still not even close to the Scandinavian women’s empowerment model. Women in India are only 21% of the labor force and are not paid for most of their jobs. Gender inequality can be reduced if the government and society apply specific changes, which will be discussed in this essay. There are several milestones achieved in India when it comes to women’s empowerment. For example, the Mahila-E-Haat project, established in 2016, is an online marketing campaign. It supports women entrepreneurs, self-help groups, and non-government organizations. The Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana scheme started functionating in January 2015. It focuses on generating greater welfare for little girls. Also, the World Bank works on the improvement of maternity and child healthcare in India. However, India faces various challenges trying to implement gender equality. According to the World Economic Forum gender equality ranking, India dropped from 108th in 2018 to 112th in 2020. Women are weakly represented in politics of higher standing. There are only 14.4% of women in the parliament and 23% in the cabinet. Females earn only one-fifth of what males make in India. Almost half of the Indian women don’t even have their own bank account. Most of them don’t even possess any valuable properties. More than half of the crimes committed in India are against women, which leads to greater physical insecurity. India has a potential for changes. There are various opportunities in the private sector and legislation. The IMF estimates that by 2025 women will add $700 billion to the economy and raise GDP by 27%. Japanese model is also a valuable lesson for India.
We hope our article helped you to figure how and what to write about feminism and women empowerment.
If you need additional assistance, don’t hesitate to contact our expert team. They are always ready to help.
Good luck and happy writing!