When surfing the web, you must have noticed that good topics for research papers are worth their weight in gold. Some topics you have come across are outdated, while others don’t interest you at the very least.
custom essay specifically for you
for only $12.00 $10.20/page
If you’re struggling with choosing an undergraduate research topic, this article is just for you! We’ve prepared a wonderful list of different good research paper topics for college. Also, you’ll find out how to choose a topic for a research paper. Still interested? Let’s dive in!
📝 What Is a Research Topic?
A research topic is a specific question or an issue, which is a topic of interest for your research. It’s essential to choose a good research paper topic, as it’s the first step in your research process.
When choosing a topic, you go through the research process. You explore, select, and brainstorm various themes and ideas. Below, we explain how to choose a topic for a research paper. Keep reading!
✍️ How to Choose a Topic for a Research Paper?
Choosing an undergraduate research topic isn’t an easy task. It’s a tough process where you should be as focused as possible. To make it easier, we’ve prepared for you a list of steps. We suggest you follow it if you want to select an excellent topic.
100% original paper on any topic
done in as little as
Step #1: Choose a Topic You’re Interested in
It is important that you enjoy the topic you’re researching and writing about. So, one of the most important criteria when selecting one is your area of interest. Just ask yourself: ‘Am I passionate about it?’ If yes, it’s definitely your cup of tea.
Step #2: Do an Extensive Research
Now you’ve defined a broad topic of your interest. So, you can start researching it. For instance, your passion is photography. It means that you should research the field to select an issue that is narrower. For example, you can focus on Modernism in photography in the 20th century.
Step #3: Formulate a Research Question
As soon as you narrow your topic, it’s time to work on a research question. You should be aware that it’s one of the most challenging tasks. Your research question should sound compelling to get people interested in reading your paper. Looking into examples, your research question can sound as “How the 20th century influenced the rise of modernist photography?”
Step #4: Focus on a Thesis Statement
As a final step, you need to formulate a thesis statement. Your thesis statement is the main thought of your paper. Reading it, people should understand the central idea of your paper. For instance, a thesis statement may sound like this: “Photographers began to respond to socio-cultural changes, this way modernist photography had appeared.”
🎓 Good Research Paper Topics for College
To make it smoother for you, we’ve selected a wonderful topic list! Here, you will find 200+ hottest and brightest college research paper topic ideas, meeting your interests and deserving excellent grades.
specifically for you!
Business & Marketing Research Paper Topics
- Modern businesses are going green as a win-win situation.
- The effects of anti-piracy laws on music records sales.
- Steve Jobs’ leadership style: a lesson for businesses or “do not try this at home” strategy.
- Addictive and unregulated online buying: the main benefit or danger of e-commerce.
- The main pros and cons of outsourcing.
- The role of direct mail tactics in US election campaigns.
- Facebook event ads as a cheap but powerful tool for businesses.
- Factors that make customers enjoy advertisements.
- Reverse effects of advertisements.
- Business strategies for nonprofit organizations.
- Marketing forecasting and its practical implementation.
- Changes in consumer behavior as a result of social media campaigns.
- Modern e-commerce trends in the USA.
- Factors that form customer loyalty.
- Modern marketing approaches.
- Changes in advertisement themes in the 21st century.
- Effects of humor in advertising campaigns.
- Current trends of buying behavior in the USA.
- Gender differences in buying behavior.
- Customer perceptions of Instagram advertisements.
- Strategies for integrating new services.
Photography Research Paper Topics
- Conceptual developments of photography in the 20th century.
- Realism in photography in the 19th century.
- Modernism in photography in the 20th century.
- Main types of photographs.
- Photography during World War II.
- The rise of photojournalism.
- The impact of photography on society at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Innovations of the Kodak “Brownie” camera.
- Street photographers: Robert Frank.
- Eliot Porter: landscape photography.
- Weegee and his influence on street photography.
- The underside of society photographed by Don McCullin.
- Annie Leibovitz and her influence on portrait photography.
- National Geographic and its contribution to the popularization of photography.
Educational Psychology Research Paper Topics
- Gifted children and their development.
- The influence of parental expectations on children’s academic performance.
- Classification of learning difficulties.
- School counseling and its effect on academic performance.
- Family influences on children’s academic motivation.
Research Topics in English Literature
- Gender roles in Jane Austen’s novel Persuasion.
- Gender expectations in Jane Austen’s novels.
- Virginia Woolf and her feminist views in Mrs. Dalloway.
- Feminism in English literature at the beginning of the 20th century.
- Religious symbolism in John Milton’s poetry.
- Romantic symbolism in Shakespeare’s sonnets.
- Emotional symbolism in William Butler Yeats’s poetry.
- Emotional symbolism in Seamus Heaney’s poetry.
- Literary realism in George Gissing’s novels.
- Literary realism in George Moore’s stories.
Interdisciplinary Research Topic Ideas
- The impact of physical exercises on metabolism.
- The role of neuroscience in marketing studies.
- The future of biomedical engineering.
- The role of special diet in depression treatment.
- Gene expression and its possible control.
Web Development Research Paper Topics
- Virtual assistants for online business in 2022.
- Current web applications’ trends.
- The application of artificial intelligence in web development.
- Implementation of augmented reality for online shopping.
- Mixed reality and its use in offline stores.
- The future of cloud computing.
- The use of big data for web development.
- Machine learning and customization.
- The future of quantum computing.
Animals Topics for Research Papers
- Unique animals of the rainforest.
- Animal testing in the world.
- Main principles of animals’ protection.
- Animal-assisted therapy: Pros and cons.
- Human and animal connection: A brief history.
- Service animals and their functions.
- Animal law in different countries.
- Animal rights protection in the USA.
- Science and animal use.
- Endangered species: the current situation.
- Dangers of animal farming.
- Climate change and animals’ extinction.
- Zoos: Pros and cons.
Geography Research Paper Topics
- The future of green energy.
- Environment protection: Action plan.
- Main causes of water pollution.
- Main causes of air pollution.
- Dangers of nuclear energy.
- Means of prevention of natural disasters.
- Deforestation: What can be done against it.
- Renewable energy: The current state of affairs.
- Climate change: Possible Counteractions.
Latin America Research Paper Topics
- The drug trade in Latin American countries and its historical origins.
- Latin American countries and democracy.
- Women’s rights in Latin American countries.
- Human rights in Latin American countries.
- The role of the USA in Latin America’s development.
- Religion in modern Latin American countries.
- The role of music in Latin American culture.
- The impact of drug use on the Latin American population.
- LGBT rights in Latin American countries.
- Central economic issues faced by Latin American countries.
- Socio-cultural impact of the US involvement on Latin American countries.
- Modern slavery in Latin American countries.
- Gender roles in modern Latin America.
- Political movements in Latin American countries.
- Latin America popular culture in the world.
Middle East Research Paper Topics
- The role of media in the Middle East.
- Human Rights in the Middle Eastern countries.
- Women’s rights in the Middle Eastern countries in the 21st century.
- Gender roles in the Middle East.
- The role of Islam in the modern Middle Eastern countries.
- Socio-cultural shifts in the modern Middle Eastern countries.
- Historical origins of the Palestine conflict.
- The impact of natural resources on the Middle Eastern economy.
Human Rights Paper Topics
- Amnesty International and its impact on human rights protection.
- United Nations and its role in human rights protection.
- Women’s rights in the 21st century.
- LGBT rights in the 21st century.
- Child labor in the 21st century.
- Human rights violation: Explained.
- Bullying in schools and human rights.
- The role of social media in human rights protection.
- Domestic violence and children’s rights.
- Labor rights in the developing world.
American Government Research Paper Topics
- The role of the media in American society.
- The First Amendment and human rights.
- The role of the President in the US political system.
- States versus Federal Government: Distribution of powers.
- The United States foreign policy.
- Police Brutality in America.
- The 25th Amendment and its role for the Government.
- Political campaigns funding: How it works.
Serial Killer Research Paper Topics
- Serial killers and mental disorders.
- Serial killers in popular culture.
- The origins of the term “serial killer.”
- The reasons behind serial killers’ deviant behavior.
- Serial killers: Mental disorder versus deliberate choice.
- Serial killers: Male versus female.
- Public interest in serial killers.
- Classification of serial killers.
- Genetic predisposition to deviant behavior: Serial killers.
- Serial killings in the USA in the 21st century.
Foster Care Research Paper Topics
- Foster care: Children’s rights.
- Children with mental disorders and foster care.
- Educational programs for foster families.
- Main foster care issues and possible solutions.
- Foster care in the USA.
- Children’s abuse in foster care.
- Foster care system in the Western European countries.
- Foster care system in the Nordic countries.
- Foster care: International adoption.
- Possible solutions to children’s abuse in foster care.
Nursing Research Paper Topics
- Does electronic communication with patients together with traditional care enhance treatment effectiveness? Base your research essay on recent research from the USA and Canada.
- Evidence-based practices to improve medication adherence in chronically ill patients.
- Causes behind teenagers’ decisions not to follow HIV treatment.
- Diabetes prevention in children with obesity.
- Factors that affect patients’ safety in psychiatric hospitals.
- Medical ethics in nursing.
- Palliative-care nursing and its issues.
We hope that you find our list of 200+ undergraduate research topics useful! If you have any comments, you’re welcome to share them down below! Good luck with your own paper!