A mathematical autobiography is an essay about the role of mathematics in your life.
custom essay specifically for you
for only $12.00 $10.20/page
It can be an excellent chance to not only improve your writing skills, but also accidentally find some strong and even shocking reasons why mathematics is good and important to you.
Math Autobiography Should Be Easy!
An autobiography is a story you tell about your life. This means that math autobiographies are the stories you tell about yourself and mathematics. You may have various reasons for writing this type of autobiography. These are only a few of them:
- You are writing a personal statement for a mathematical college;
- You want to choose an original topic for your autobiography;
- Your teacher chose an original topic for your autobiography.
No matter what is your personal reason for writing a math memoir, the following suggestions will help you write a first class paper:
Strategy 1: You were made for math
The first option is to discuss your early memories about the mathematics lessons in primary school. Did you like them? Was it then that you realized that math was your destiny?
100% original paper on any topic
done in as little as
Strategy 2: Past – present – future
Discuss the things you liked most about mathematics at different moments in your life. Do not hesitate to give specific details, such as the titles of courses you took and your favorite topics. You should however know when to stop, because including formulas and too many specific terms can ruin your memoir. Show your competence, but make certain that a person who is not very knowledgeable in math can still easily understand your autobiography.
Strategy 3: The most important lesson
Alternatively, you can write about the most important math lesson in your life. Instead of discussing numerous fragments, you can focus on one episode which turned out to be the most important one for you.
Strategy 4: What I like most about math
Discuss certain peculiarities of math which make you enjoy this subject. For instance, some students like the clarity of theorems and their proof, while others appreciate the opportunities to use logical thinking. In addition, you can include your personal answer to the question “How to learn mathematics.”
Strategy 5: Math will save the world
Discuss why you think that math plays a crucial role in the world’s progress. In what way can new discoveries be beneficial for humanity?
Math Autobiography: Start Writing
So, you already have a topic and some ideas for your paper, but you still have some difficulties starting your bio. Do not worry! Here are a few inspiring quotes about math, from famous people. You can choose any of them to start writing:
specifically for you!
- Archimedes: “There are things which seem incredible to most men who have not studied Mathematics.”
- Roger Bacon: “Mathematics is the door and key to the sciences.”
- Euclid: “There is no royal road to geometry.”
- Plato: “He who can properly define and divide is to be considered a god.”
- Sophia Kovalevskaya: “It is impossible to be a mathematician without being a poet in soul.”
- Pythagoras: “Number was the substance of all things.”
- Einstein: “Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.”
Now you already have everything you need to start a math autobiography and make it just perfect. Good luck with your papers!