Well, you have to write a 1500-word paper, and it seems nothing can be as complicated as the structure of such paper. In this article, we will give you the guidelines that will help produce a well-structured 1500-word essay. Also, we’ve prepared a great 1500-word essay example for you. Let’s dive in!
custom essay specifically for you
for only $12.00 $10.20/page
📝 How to Write a 1500-Word Essay?
You might be asking yourself: how to write a 1500-word essay? And what exactly should you do? In this section, we’ve prepared for you useful information and tips. Let’s go!
- First of all, before starting with your paper, you should answer the following question. What type of essay am I going to write? There are 8 main types of essays, including:
- Compare and contrast
- Cause and effect
If you want to learn more about each of the types, read our article.
- Then you need to choose a topic. Here you have plenty of options. It depends on your area of interest or a task. If you want to get some inspiration, read our blog post on 100 ideas for your essay topic!
- Next, you can start doing research, creating a thesis statement, and writing down your outline. Don’t forget that an outline is an essential part of writing an essay! It is a plan that will guide you through.
Also, don’t forget these important rules when writing your 1500-word essay:
|✔️||Create an outline before writing – it will save you lots of time!|
|✔️||Your thesis statement must be clear and strong. So, you need to think it out!|
|✔️||Develop persuasive arguments and defend them in the main body.|
|✔️||Add quotes and questions in your text to make it more compelling for a reader.|
|✔️||Be clear and concise in your writing! Don’t provide unnecessary information in your essay.|
📋 1500-Word Essay Structure
Now, let us dwell upon the parts of a 1500-word paper. Also, you can find 5 essential tips for your essay structure down below. A 1500-word essay structure does not differ from any other essay type. It consists of:
100% original paper on any topic
done in as little as
- Introduction – where you have to present the subject under consideration. Usually, an introduction ends with a thesis statement. Include some catchy information in the introduction of your 1500-word essay to attract the reader’s attention.
- Main Body – where you support your thesis statement with arguments and evidence. Use statistical data, quotations, real-life examples, and reasonable explanations to support your thesis statement. You can divide the body of your paper into several paragraphs. Usually, the main body of a 1500-word paper consists of 5 to 6 paragraphs.
- Conclusion – where you sum up the whole work done. You should mention your thesis statement once again and summarize the arguments. The concluding paragraph should be impressive too. Our advice is to use rhetorical questions or emotionally colored words for this purpose.
Remember these 5 important tips when writing your essay:
- You shouldn’t give any answers or detailed information in your introduction.
- Don’t forget to provide a summary of your arguments in conclusion!
- Don’t mention any new information in the conclusion.
- Set aside a separate paragraph for each new argument.
- Avoid unnecessary details in your 1500-word essay. Do not waste free space for something that has no value.
If you want to learn more about writing an essay, read this article in our blog.
📑 1500-Word Essay Example
After you’ve studied our tips, it’s time to have a look at a 1500-word essay example!
We’ve prepared for you a useful writing prompt.
We believe that an excellent example with some useful commentaries is a must! Hope you find your inspiration here. Let’s begin!
specifically for you!
Origins of Gender Roles: Biological, Social & Other Reasons
|Part of The Essay||Prompt||Text Example|
|Introduction||In the introduction, you should clearly state the problem. It will be perfect if you pose a question. This will attract a reader’s attention.||Gender roles are widely discussed both in an academic and everyday context. It is clear that there are two origins of gender roles: biological and social. However, are there any other reasons why gender roles have arisen?|
|Thesis Statement||Also in the introduction, you should formulate a thesis statement. It should be clear and strong.||Apart from the biological and social origins of gender roles, there are some mental reasons behind it.|
|Main Body: Paragraph 1||Start the paragraph with a topic sentence and mention what you are going to cover.||First of all, it is essential to consider the biological origins of gender roles. Biological origins imply natural factors of gender roles, including physiological, genetic, and evolutionary.|
|Main Body: Paragraph 2||When you provide your topic sentence, don’t forget to give examples.||It is also important to consider the social origins of gender roles. It includes social norms, roles, expectations, and trends.|
|Main Body: Paragraph 3||Don’t forget to write a concluding sentence, which sums up the paragraph.||The mental origins of gender roles are another vital point of the discussion… Mental origins are not yet widely discussed but are essential for understanding the present subject.|
|Main Body: Paragraph 4||Last paragraph of your essay should sum up all what has been discussed above.||Lastly, it appears to be essential to discuss what mental origins bring to the overall picture of the origins of gender roles issues.|
|Conclusion||In conclusion, you need to rephrase your thesis statement and provide a summary of your findings.||In conclusion, it should be highlighted that there are biological, social, and mental origins of gender roles. Each of the groups plays a vital role in understanding the subject.|
📍 How Many Pages Are 1500 Words?
If you use 12 pt font and single spacing, you’ll get around 3 pages. If you go for double spacing, you’ll get twice as much – 6 pages.
📍 How Long Does It Take to Write 1500 Words?
The time of writing a 1500-word essay will depend on how you are familiar with the topic. However, on average, it takes around 5 hours. Don’t forget that you might need some additional time for editing.
📍 How Long Should an Introduction Be for a 1500-Word Essay?
Usually, an introduction should be around 10% of the overall length of the essay. It means that for your 1500-word paper, an introduction will be around 150 words.
📍 How Many Paragraphs Are 1500 words?
There are no definite rules on how many paragraphs are 1500 words. Let’s consider that your intro and conclusion are 150 words each. Also, every main body paragraph should be around 250 words. Then you should have approximately 7 paragraphs in your 1500-word essay.