Child labor is a problem in both economically advanced and developing countries. That is why it makes a good topic for essays and research.
custom essay specifically for you
for only $12.00 $10.20/page
If you’re writing an essay on child labor, be ready for the horrifying information. We prepared an explanation of the problem, essay topics, and outlines. You can also find 200+ words essay samples in this article.
📚 Preparing for an Essay on Child Labor
Let’s begin with an overview of the problem.
In this passage, we will discuss how the problem appeared and developed. Then we will identify the current issues. You can find the information that you can use in your child exploitation essay. Next, begin your research on the topic.
What Are the Main Issues of Child Labor?
Child labor became a global issue during the industrial revolution. It created a demand for additional workforce. Till the present day, this question remains unsolved and puts millions of children in danger.
100% original paper on any topic
done in as little as
Let’s define the major themes that you can discuss in a child labor essay:
- Interfering with studies. Children who work full-time are not able to attend school and do their homework. Accordingly, lack of education makes it hard for them to find a better job. Kids need to do their best to receive as much knowledge as possible to be intellectually developed.
- Harm for physical and mental health. Working conditions are never at the appropriate level. An unhealthy environment leads to various diseases. Besides, some children work in the sex industry, which harms their mental stability.
- Some of the children become slaves. It involves trafficking and sale of children, forced labor, and all forms of slavery. There is nobody to take care of these children. Therefore, some of them end up wandering on the streets.
Sources for a Child Labor Essay
Make sure you use credible information for all of your essays. Avoid such sources as social media, forums, and Wikipedia.
How to find sources for your child labor argument essay?
Here is our selection of reliable sources:
✍️ Child Labor Argumentative Essay Writing Guide
An argumentative essay is a perfect match for this issue. It gives a variety of research topics and information for solid arguments.
specifically for you!
In a child labor argumentative essay, you need to convince that your point has a right to exist. You should use some evidence to support it. You also need to mention opposing opinions and explain them. This type of paper looks like a written debate. We will give some writing tips and help you to outline your work.
Child Labor Essay Outline
Before writing, you need to do prior research to find a topic. Your topic should be controversial, so there is an alternative point of view. If there is enough credible information on the chosen topic, you can continue. If not, try to broaden or change your primary focus.
1. Child Labor Essay Introduction
The introduction is where you need to provide the background information and a short overview of what will be in the following paragraphs. Include all the explanations and sources that might be hard to understand.
You can start with a hook introducing surprising information or asking a provocative question. Just make sure that it doesn’t break the general logic of your assignment.
Define why the topic is important and why the readers should pay attention to the issue. Introduce the point of view that you will prove in the paper.
written from scratch
by professional specifically for you?
2. Child Labor Essay Thesis Statement & Body
It is better to begin writing an essay with this part. Your thesis statement should be the last sentence of your introduction paragraph.
- What should you include there?
- Your position on the issue,
- The strongest arguments that prove it,
- A counterargument that opposes it.
Provide arguments and counterarguments. In other words, you have to make a list of the reasons that prove and rebut your opinion. Introduce the evidence that supports your and opposing points and explain its importance.
Each paragraph should revolve around a particular idea. You can include a transition sentence at the end of each passage. Do that if you feel it will bring more logic to your writing.
3. Child Labor Essay Conclusion
In this paragraph, provide a summary of the evidence. Don’t introduce any new information. It is better to synthesize what you’ve mentioned before. Make sure you answered the questions that you stated in the introduction.
Explain the significance of your point and research. Suggest the ways of further research and investigation of the topic.
It is also the right moment to review your essay. If you see that your conclusion is not logical enough, return to your argumentation line. It will help you to identify the flows and fix the conclusion.
10 Child Labor Essay Titles
Here are some title ideas for a good argumentative essay about child labor:
- Should the minimum age of employment in the United States be changed? What are the risks of such a decision?
- Can work be a positive experience for children of school age? What are the risks and benefits?
- What can be considered as “light work” when it comes to children’s employment?
- Can we control the online employment of children? For example, blogging, running a YouTube channel, etc.
- Are bad working conditions in India the leading cause of diseases among children? What are the main risks?
- Is it possible for adolescents to successfully combine work and studies?
- Do household chores make children more responsible? Can it be counted as work?
- How does work at a young age affect future earnings potential? Do these children become more or less successful?
- Should there be a minimum age requirement for work on small farms and family businesses?
Child Labor Essay Examples #1
Check this excellent argumentative essay sample about child labor.
Topic: Should there be a minimum age requirement for work on small farms and family businesses?
In the United States, half a million child farmworkers work in fields. Some start working full time even before they reach the age of ten. There should be a minimum age regulation of 15 years for children working for their parents. Children are less endurant in physical work, and they can’t be productive at school. Besides, chemicals used in agriculture are dangerous for health. Children are less physically developed than adults. Also, children need more time to recover from challenging physical activities. That is why they need to work not more than three hours a day. And from at least 15 years to handle the physical challenges. Studies need time and effort. Children engaged with hard physical work can’t get enough time to study and rest. Working instead of doing homework is the worst decision for school performance. Children should have an opportunity to devote enough time to their studies. Else they won’t be able to access better jobs in the future. Pesticides increase the risk for cancer in children. It includes leukemia, acute leukemia, and lymphoma risks. Children who work in agriculture are three times more likely to get cancer than adults exposed to carcinogenic effects. This makes children’s health more vulnerable to fatal outcomes. In conclusion, children’s work in agriculture should be restricted under the age of 15. Hard work affects children’s physical development, school performance, and health. It is vital to control children’s employment even if they work at their parents’ farms.
🗣️ Persuasive Essay on Child Labor Writing Guide
Writing a persuasive essay is also a good opportunity to develop this topic. Try to choose a catchy title, grabbing your reader’s attention from the very beginning. You can raise important questions which involve morality and ways of fighting the problem. Also, you can assess and propose strategies that can help to eliminate the issue.
Child Labor Essay Outline
In a persuasive essay, you need to convince your readers that you are right. To do this, you need to gather some logical evidence and prove your point using it. It involves less thorough academic research than an argumentative essay. However, you need to find a way to reach your readers.
There is a five-paragraph structure in this essay. A thesis statement plays a key role. You need to explain your point of view on the issue there. Then, provide the supporting evidence and the background information using persuasive language.
Child Labor Essay Introduction
There are three main parts that you need to include in the introduction:
- Hook. Make your first sentence exciting. A rhetoric question, fact, or mystery are all excellent choices. You can use descriptive words to make your readers picture everything.
- Background information. Use it to make your readers familiar with the problem.
- Definitions. Explain everything that might be uncertain for your readers.
- Thesis statement. Introduce your main argument. It will be the roadmap of your argumentation in the essay.
Child Labor Essay Thesis Statement & Body
Always make sure that the logic of your essay follows your thesis statement. If it doesn’t, consider rewriting the thesis or adjust the arguments. Each of the paragraphs should represent one idea that appears in the thesis statement.
- Here are some additional tips on writing a persuasive essay on child labor: use empathy – target the audience’s emotions to prove your point; know both sides – research what you have to disagree with; be passionate about your topic – it’s easier to defend what you believe in.
Child Labor Essay Conclusion
Summarize your writing and paraphrase the child labor thesis statement. Mention all of your arguments again and explain why they make your opinion the only correct option. Some readers will remember only this part of the paper, so do your best to make the last impression. You can also call people to action at the end of the essay.
Read your essay once again in a couple of hours. Ask yourself these two questions:
- Would the writing convince me if I were the reader?
- What can I do to make it more convincing?
Make final adjustments after it.
10 Child Labor Essay Titles
These topics are perfect both for persuasive essays and speeches. Pick your title from our selection:
- Why shouldn’t we buy goods whose production involves child labor?
- All the working children should receive free quality education and have access to schools.w
- Girls’ education is equally important. We shouldn’t force girls to do household chores instead of homework.
- Why children’s employment under the age of 14 should be banned?
- How can working children study and provide money to their families at the same time?
- Child labor deprives many children of education. Does child labor cause poverty from a long-term perspective?
- What is the main issue of child labor that should concern people the most?
- How does work affect children’s physical and mental development?
- Should Amish children obey the same laws on children’s employment as other American citizens?
- What role does child labor play in Hindi culture and religion?
Child Labor Essay Examples #2
Topic: Why shouldn’t we buy goods whose production involves child labor?
Such industries as fast fashion take advantage of children. Children work in all the stages of the cotton supply chain. That is why fast fashion brands are so cheap. We shouldn’t buy clothes whose production involves child labor. These children are underpaid, suffer bad conditions, and can’t defend themselves against employers. Children don’t demand high salaries and receive less money as a result. For example, children who work in cottonseed farms in India earn less than $1 a day. Their working day can last up to 12 hours, making it 8 cents/hour. Buying cheap clothes might be pleasant, but we should know its price. The cotton industry exposes children to dangerous chemicals and machinery. They have to carry heavy loads and work in extreme temperatures. The food supply is not enough, and the working hours exceed the limit. Employers generally see children as more obedient workers who cannot stand for their rights. It results in worse working conditions, longer hours, and less attention to children’s comfort. Buying cheap clothes encourages cotton industries to involve more children in their production cycles. In conclusion, we shouldn’t buy fast fashion goods because it encourages companies to produce more clothes that involve child labor. Business models of such companies make their products not last long, making us buy more goods and employers hire more children. Instead, we need to buy clothes of better quality that will serve us longer. We also need to make sure that the production chain of the clothes we buy doesn’t involve any forms of underpaid jobs in severe conditions.
🔐 Problem Solution Essay about Child Labor
Child labor is generally one big problem that needs a solution. That is why you can write a very good essay on this topic. But better focus on specific issues rather than on the general problem.
In this passage, we prepared some tips, an outline, and a selection of child labor essay titles for a problem solution essay.
Child Labor Essay Outline
A problem-solution essay about child labor aims to identify the specific problem and offer logical solutions. It should encourage the readers to take a particular course of action.
Child Labor Essay Introduction
First of all, you need to describe the background of the problem. Write about the situation and how it evolved. Then explain why it does require a solution. Briefly describe the contents of the following paragraphs. If there are subtopics, mention all of them.
Finish your introduction with a thesis statement. If needed, provide explanations or some definitions. Do it only if you know that your audience needs some clarification.
Child Labor Essay Thesis Statement & Body
At first, you need to research the topic and narrow it down to a particular problem. Then prepare the best solutions, describe why they are feasible. As your thesis statement should briefly describe the body paragraphs, make sure they don’t contradict each other.
- When presenting specific solutions, make sure they are logical. You need to convince your readers that the solutions you offer are the best course of action.
Child Labor Essay Conclusion
Make a summary of the main points of the body paragraphs. Restate the thesis and evaluate the suggested solutions. Answer all the questions you have mentioned in the introductory paragraph.
You can include unsolved problems and unanswered questions in the final sentences.
After finishing the conclusion, return to your child labor essay introduction and body. Proofread the spelling and grammar. Make sure that the writing is logical and solid.
Child Labor Essay Titles
Take a look at our selection of problem-solution essay titles:
- How to change labor laws in developing countries so children can combine school and work?
- Edo State is the most popular spot for human trafficking in Africa. How to stop child trafficking in Nigeria?
- How to make education a priority for children and their parents in African countries?
- How to stop Indian families from forcing their children to work?
- How to break the cycle of poverty that child labor creates?
- What are the ways to prevent child exploitation in agriculture in Latin America?
- How to prevent children from engaging in the worst forms of child work in the Philippines?
- What can parents with low income do if they don’t want their children to work?
- What should be the punishment for employers who hire children in hazardous positions?
- How to define “child labor” correctly so the concept is never misunderstood?
Child Labor Essay Examples #3
Topic: How to break the cycle of poverty that child labor creates?
Child labor deprives children of obtaining proper education, which is the leading cause of global poverty. They miss classes or don’t attend school at all. That is why it becomes harder for them to find well-paid jobs. To break the cycle of poverty, we should ensure children have access to schools. Volunteering in developed countries can help with that. Building more schools means that children from remote areas will have an opportunity to visit them. Providing access to the Internet to encourage online education is also a solution to this problem. While both methods are pricey, it is an investment that will pay off when these children start working. People from developed countries can play a significant role in eliminating child labor. Volunteer teachers can educate children and train local teachers. Encouraging volunteers to spend a couple of months in developing countries can help a lot. Gap year students and young specialists can take part in projects and initiatives to help end child labor. Parents often force their kids to work because they don’t have enough financial resources. The government needs to ensure funding for families, especially those which consist of many children. Such financial support can include stipends for low income. Parents can send their children to school knowing they will be financially safe. Education is the key to ending child labor. That is why countries need to make it a priority to ensure their economic growth. All the investments made for equal access to education and financial support to families will result in better job opportunities for children.
🚸 40 Child Labor Essay & Research Topics
And here is our additional selection of titles for a child labor essay:
- What are the causes and effects of child labor in Asia?
- How are child labor laws violated in European countries?
- In what ways does globalization encourage child labor?
- History of child labor in western Europe.
- Child slavery in the southern states in the 19th century.
- How the Great Depression changed the situation with child labor?
- Which organizations are the most successful in fighting child labor?
- Which big corporations use child labor as a cheap workforce?
- How did feminists contribute to child labor law adjustments?
- In what forms does child labor exist in the US?
- How does working from an early age affect mental health?
- Are there any improvements concerning child labor in Asia?
- How does child labor affect the economy of a country?
- Who has the power to restrict child labor fully?
- Can domestic work be considered child labor in the United States?
- What was Franklin D. Roosevelt’s political course regarding child labor?
- What conditions and working hours are acceptable to children?
- What diseases are likely to affect children working in tobacco fields?
- How to support activism against child labor in the United States?
- Which cultures encourage children to earn money to support their families?
- How have child labor laws changed in the last 20 years?
- Is it possible to end child labor completely?
- How Has Slavery Shaped the Lives of Children of Color in the US?
- The difference between southern and western states regarding child labor in the 20th century.
- What is Camella Teoli’s impact in activism against child labor?
- What was Woodrow Wilson’s position regarding child labor?
- Child labor during World War II in the United States.
- Why is it easier for employers to repress children’s rights?
- The history of child labor in Eastern European cultures.
- Fast Fashion brand’s impact on ecology and child labor.
- Can technological progress eliminate child labor in Asian countries?
- How does the economic inequality of countries affect the child labor situation?
- Child labor during the industrial revolution and excessive working hours.
- In what cases does working experience help children to become more successful?
- What is the connection between racism and child labor?
- Which countries are the least successful in fighting child labor?
- What are the long-term outcomes of child labor regarding education?
- Why should we change parent’s mindsets when it comes to child labor?
- What is the current child labor situation in the United States?
Thank you for reading this article till the end!
Now you are ready to write a perfect essay on child labor. Let’s revise what we have learned today:
- How to prepare to write a child labor essay.
- How to choose credible sources.
- How to write an argumentative essay.
- How to write a persuasive essay.
- How to write a problem and solution essay.
Also, don’t forget to proofread your essay and return to this article once you have finished your work. Good luck!