Environmental pollution is any type of contamination that the planet cannot naturally recycle.
custom paper for $12.00 $10.20/page
based on your instructions
The main types of environmental pollution are air pollution, water pollution, and land pollution. We will discuss them below.
Why does everyone need to be aware of environmental pollution?
Each of us sees its consequences every day. Some remain invisible but still influence us and our nature. The situation becomes worse because not all people consider the consequences of their actions.
we’ll deliver a custom essay
written 100% from scratch
Today, we will write an essay about environmental pollution and its effects.
Ready? Let’s save our planet!
✍️ Environmental Pollution Essay. How to Write?
Let’s start with basic things that are a must to prepare a good paper.
We will discuss essential aspects of writing an environment pollution essay. Some apply to all written essays, so you can use these tips for other assignments.
Pollution Essay Topic – 5 Steps to Choose the Best
Here are five steps you need to follow in choosing a perfect topic:
with 15% off
- Choose where. Is it air pollution or water pollution? You can also specify the region, country, or city where the problem is prominent.
- Choose what. It can be plastic, harmful chemicals, or anything else that causes pollution. You might narrow it down to a specific type of waste. For example, a particular chemical that a factory produces.
- Choose the context. You can describe the problem in general or narrow it down. Pick a specific time frame and cultural aspects or relate it to other spheres, such as health issues or the working environment. Just make sure that your topic doesn’t seem too vague.
- Check the sources. Do some prior research. You need to know that you can find enough evidence to support your claims.
- Evaluate the topic. The main criteria:
- Relevance. Check if the problem is worth attention.
- Capacity. Make sure it is not too vague or too limited.
- Popularity. Look for something that is not overused but counts as relevant.
Pollution Essay Introduction, Body, & Conclusion
Pollution essay introduction
Describe the current situation or the situation within the timeframe you have chosen. You can also include a short explanatory paragraph. The last sentence of the introduction is your thesis statement. It should consist of all the points discussed in the body.
Pollution essay body
Describe the aspects you mentioned in the thesis. Support your claims with the evidence you have found. Provide your solutions to the problems if necessary.
Pollution essay conclusion
based on your instructions
It is the last chance to impress your audience. Summarize the claims from your thesis and explain how you proved them. In a conclusion about pollution, it is vital to address the issues so that people start caring.
4 Pollution Essay Requirements
How to make your environmental pollution essay flawless? Here are the main requirements you should consider.
|Follow the instructions.||Read carefully the task that you’ve received. When you have finished the essay, check if you followed all the requirements. If you have any questions, ask your instructor.|
|Provide solid writing.||Pay attention to the grammar, spelling, and formatting. And never forget to proofread the paper once you’ve finished it. Our team is always ready to help you with that.|
|Check the quality of the sources.||Use your institution’s database or other sources that you find credible.|
|Examine the text for plagiarism.||Cite and refer to others’ thoughts carefully. Make sure you don’t repeat other scholars even unintentionally.|
🌐 50 Environment Pollution Essay Topics
Now let’s have a break from theory.
Check our top 50 environment pollution essay topics:
- How to reduce pollution in developing countries?
- How does environmental pollution affect the global economy?
- What are the main causes of air pollution in the United States?
- The effects of consumerism on the environment.
- How can student communities address environmental pollution?
- How does environmental pollution affect your life?
- Is technological progress the main reason for environmental pollution?
- What might be the consequences of environmental pollution in 100 years?
- How can we reduce plastic pollution in the ocean?
- Why should we buy only qualitative and durable goods?
- Have we reached the point of no return regarding environmental pollution?
- What are the effects of noise pollution on human health?
- What does it mean to be environmentally conscious?
- What are the most harmful types of pollution in the United States?
- What is your contribution to fighting pollution?
- Why is it essential to educate children on environmental pollution?
- Is living in big cities less healthy because of pollution?
- How does pollution affect the quality of food?
- What are the most effective tools we can apply to fight pollution?
- Five simple steps everyone can take to fight environmental pollution.
- What should be our priorities while fighting environmental pollution?
- What is the most dangerous consequence of environmental pollution?
- How to solve environmental pollution issues within 20 years?
- Is takeaway food harmful to the environment?
- Why are there so many low-quality goods these days?
- The reasons why you need to choose eco-friendly brands.
- How to run a sustainable manufacturing business in 2022?
- Should you join eco-activism or do something for the environment instead?
- Is there any connection between environmental pollution and allergies?
- The Japanese model of recycling: the things we need to learn.
- What is the correct environmental behavior, in your opinion?
- In what ways is pollution different in rural and urban areas?
- What is the optimal level of pollution?
- What is the connection between all types of environmental pollution?
- What are the most effective means of pollution control?
- What do you think about pollution in Earth’s orbit?
- What are the effects of microplastic on humans and animals?
- How does pollution affect animal extinction?
- What is your ecological footprint?
- When did pollution become a global issue?
- Should there be a stricter penalty system for industrial pollution?
🌊 Water Pollution Essay
Have you noticed how many types of environmental pollution are out there? We want to hold your attention on each of them separately.
In this part of the article, you will find writing prompts, essay topics, and research sources for your paper.
We will start with a water pollution essay.
Water Pollution Essay Prompts
We gathered the most acute themes about water pollution and some ideas for your essay:
- Ocean pollution. Describe the current situation and the trends. Discuss the effects of ocean water and soil pollution on its flora and fauna. Explain how ocean pollution influences people: the quality of the water we drink, health issues, etc.
- Freshwater pollution. Discuss the importance of access to freshwater for humans, animals, and plants. What can be the possible outcomes of lack of freshwater? For example, high prices and unavailability in some regions. Provide your recommendations or an action plan to fight the problem.
- Water pollutants. Explain the term and educate your audience on the main types of water pollutants. Describe the dangers and the effects they possess. Write about the reasons they end up in water bodies and how to reduce their amounts in water.
- Water consumption. You can choose to write about domestic or industrial water consumption. Explain the risks and the reasons why we need to control water spending. Discuss the ways to reduce water usage at home, such as using a dishwasher and spending less time in the shower. Suggest the methods businesses can apply to exploit less water for their needs.
25 Water Pollution Essay Topics
Let’s choose a perfect topic for you:
- What are the main causes and effects of ocean pollution?
- What can you do to use less water at home?
- How is it possible to reduce water consumption in recreational places?
- Are water purification systems a solution to water pollution?
- How can you purify fresh water at home?
- What are the main risks of freshwater scarcity in Africa?
- Why should you be careful when you drink water while traveling?
- What ecosystem damages does water pollution cause?
- What are the economic effects of water pollution?
- Why is water pollution particularly harmful to kids?
- What are the effects of water pollution on pregnant women?
- How dangerous is it to live in a place with polluted water?
- What are the most hazardous components of contaminated water?
- How to make sure that the water you drink is clean?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of water chlorination?
- Do you think that water will become expensive in the future?
- Does water pollution activism help to solve the problem?
- What diseases does water pollution cause?
- What are the most successful methods of fighting water pollution?
- The dangers of radioactive substances in the watershed.
Sources for a Water Pollution Essay
Remember that any paper needs reliable sources. No matter how well you arrange your thoughts, they need to be supported with sufficient evidence.
Here is our selection of credible sources where you can find lots of helpful information.
🏭 Air Pollution Essay
Air pollution is one of the most harmful to human health environmental problems. It becomes more prominent in big cities and grows each year. As the issue is sharp and there are so many discussions, it makes a perfect essay topic.
In this part of our article, we offer air pollution essay topics and a list of useful sources.
Air Pollution Essay Prompts
Here are some writing prompts for an environmental pollution essay that focuses on air pollution:
- The effects of air pollution on human health. List the most dangerous diseases and explain what exactly causes them. They might include all kinds of respiratory diseases or cancer. Describe the consequences of such illnesses.
- The main factors that cause air pollution. You can discuss the industries that harm air quality, such as manufacturing. You can include the everyday habits of ordinary people, for example, smoking. Provide your readers with argumentation on why you chose certain factors. Explain the contribution and effects of each aspect.
- The most harmful air pollutants. Make your top 3 of the most toxic gases that poison air. Explain how they get there and who is responsible for it. Describe their influence on nature, people, and animals.
- How can we reduce air pollution? Suggest several ways. For example, using public transport, managing electrical devices, and buying fewer goods. You can also choose just one solution and prove why it is the best option.
25 Air Pollution Essay Topics
Take a look at our list of topics below:
- How does traffic affect air condition in big cities?
- What are the main dangers of air pollution?
- What are the main hazards of smog in industrial areas?
- How is it possible to fight air pollution in the United States?
- How does air pollution affect children in Asia?
- How does living in areas with polluted air affect people’s lifestyles?
- The advantages and disadvantages of home air cleaning systems.
- What laws do we need to fight air pollution more effectively?
- Can electric cars solve the air pollution issue in the United States?
- What are the best ways to monitor air quality?
- How to protect yourself from air pollution?
- How would the air quality change if everyone switched to veganism?
- What industries harm air quality the most?
- What are the primary causes of air pollution in China?
- How does air pollution affect your life?
- What are the effects of air pollution not apparent from the first sight?
- What can usual people do to reduce air pollution?
- The influence of natural disasters on air quality.
- The goods we need to stop buying to reduce air pollution.
- What human habits cause pollution?
- How to encourage people to use public transport instead of cars?
Sources for an Air Pollution Essay
We have prepared a list of trustworthy environmental studies on air pollution.
🌱 Land & Soil Pollution Essay
Land and soil pollution is the most apparent type of contamination – everyone has seen big dumps. This is a broad environmental pollution essay topic for discussion.
You will find writing prompts, some essay titles, and valuable sources of information in this passage.
Land Pollution Essay Prompts
- The importance of recycling. Explain the importance of recycling. Discuss the methods of recycling, such as mechanical and chemical. Finally, encourage your audience to start sorting their litter and be more conscientious.
- Causes and effects of land pollution. Introduce the factors that lead to land pollution. Provide information on the existing and possible outcomes such as groundwater pollution. Explain how each person contributes to the causes and suffers from land pollution.
- The main dangers of reckless garbage disposal. Consumerism and dealing with your garbage wrongly are dangerous for the environment. The points that you can discuss might be:
- Disposal of poisonous or potentially hazardous waste.
- Plastic disposal.
- Throwing away the things you can use longer.
- How to reduce land and soil pollution. Describe the best measures we need to implement at home, in business, and on the world scale. You might discuss waste management or control of industrial disposal. Try to predict the possible outcomes of the course of action you suggest.
25 Land Pollution Essay Topics
This is our list of essay titles on land pollution:
- What are the main reasons for land pollution in the United States?
- How should manufacturers change the packaging to reduce land pollution?
- What are the main dangers of dumps and landfills?
- How much garbage do people produce?
- The list of things you cannot throw into your bin.
- What can you do to reduce plastic pollution?
- How to improve garbage collection systems in the United States?
- What are the main achievements in reducing land pollution in the last ten years?
- The reasons why you need to start recycling today.
- What are the main dangers of burning your garbage?
- How to prevent soil pollution in agricultural fields?
- What are the main risks of living near a dump?
- How to reduce waste if the population is constantly growing?
- What are the creative ways to use recycled plastic?
- What infrastructure do we need to become zero-waste?
- How does urbanization affect land pollution?
- What are the effects of fast fashion on land pollution?
- What are the things that we need to buy less often?
- Do we need to apply global rules and policies on garbage disposal?
- What are the main consequences of soil pollution?
Sources for a Land Pollution Essay
Use the sources below to conduct productive research:
🔊 Essay on Noise Pollution
This is a bonus topic from us. Noise pollution is regular exposure to a mix of loud sounds created by human and animal activities.
Writing a noise pollution essay can help you stand out in class.
Noise Pollution Essay Prompts
- The influence of noise pollution on human health. You can discuss physical and mental impacts. Describe the crucial risks and consequences of noise pollution. Explain what noises can be hazardous for people and how to avoid them.
- The best ways to protect yourself from noise. Discuss the methods you can use while staying outside or inside. Compare their efficiency and availability. Describe the plans you have tried and share your experience.
- How to address noise pollution in big cities. Discuss the laws and restrictions of big cities. Suggest your adjustments or recommend new solutions. Explain what impact each citizen can make to address the issue.
- The effects of noise pollution on the environment. Provide an overview of the harmful effects of noise on animals, plants, and landscapes. Study the trends and describe the possible outcomes.
25 Noise Pollution Essay Topics
- What are the best ways to fight noise pollution?
- What are the first symptoms of hearing loss you can notice?
- Discuss the diseases caused by noise pollution.
- What are the effects of noise pollution on mental health?
- What creates noise pollution around us?
- How does noise pollution affect animals?
- What can we do to reduce noise levels in big cities?
- How does noise pollution affect children?
- How to minimize noise exposure if you live in a big city?
- What restrictions do we need to ensure noise management?
- What jobs are dangerous because of noise pollution?
- How does noise pollution affect the population of the United States?
- Are the noises we cannot hear dangerous too?
- What tools can you use to monitor noise levels around you?
- How to spend your free time to minimize the effects of noise pollution?
- Do you harm yourself even worse when you wear headphones in a noisy place?
- How do we need to change our lifestyles to reduce noise pollution?
- Is it possible to avoid noise pollution in the 21st century?
- How does noise pollution affect people’s productivity?
- What do you think noise pollution will be like in ten years?
- Does living in a small town mean you suffer from noise pollution less?
- What are the factors that cause noise pollution at home?
Sources for a Noise Pollution Essay
As for any other topic, you need credible information for your paper. We have prepared something for you.
Check this list of sources on noise pollution research:
📝 Environment – Pollution Essay Samples
And here are three environment pollution essay samples of different lengths. Pay attention to the structure and use them for your preparation.
Essay on Pollution in 150 WORDS
Taking care of the environment is everyone’s duty. We need to pay attention to pollution because it influences our physical and mental health, and we need to care about future generations. Ozone and oxides of nitrogen causing air pollution affect lung function as well. According to the study, living in a polluted area is more harmful than smoking a pack of cigarettes per day. It also increases the risk of having depression. Living in a big city means you have to deal not only with visible stress but other important factors. We need to make our planet a better place, at least for our children. Eventually, billions of people will suffer because of our actions. So it’s our responsibility to prevent it. Everything you do affects the environment, your health, and the people who will live after you. That is why you should be conscientious and care about nature.
How to Reduce Pollution Essay
If we don’t fight pollution, the situation will only get worse. The quality of food, air, water, and life, in general, suffers because of contamination. To reduce pollution, we need to recycle all our waste, use public transport, and buy durable goods. Recycling helps to dispose of less rubbish in dumps and landfills. That is why we need to pay attention to the markings on the packaging of purchased goods. Sorting your waste at home is also a necessary habit for a person who lives in the 21st century. If everyone used public transport instead of their cars, there would be less traffic and air pollution. There are also alternative ways, such as a bike or electric scooter. The least you can do is share a ride with somebody to reduce CO2 emissions. Buying durable goods will help you produce less waste and save some money. Pay attention to the quality of the goods. If you cannot afford more durable options, choose the goods you can recycle. There are many ways to fight pollution, and you can make a difference if you change your lifestyle. Start recycling as much as possible, choose transportation methods that are less harmful to the planet, and buy goods of better quality.
Causes of Air Pollution Essay
The first step to fighting air pollution is knowing what causes it. We contribute to air pollution every day by performing simple actions or doing our jobs. That is why we need to be aware of our activities and their consequences. The leading causes of air pollution that we can manage are traffic, power generation for households and industries, and agricultural wastes. Some of the reasons are natural, and we cannot control them, such as volcano eruptions. As cars become more affordable and convenient, many people prefer them over other types of transport. There were 286.9 million registered cars in the United States, and the number is growing. A car is an easy way to get from one place to another. There is no motivation for people to choose other means of transportation. Switching to electric cars can solve the issue, but it is not fast. Maintaining a household also might be harmful to air quality. Heating, cooking, and generating electric power for domestic needs are all factors that cause air pollution. Such industries as manufacturing, construction and unmodernized public transport also play a huge role in air contamination. We need to make households and businesses energy-efficient to reduce emissions. Fertilizers and animal waste cause fine-particulate air pollution. Ammonia emissions combine with pollutants from vehicles and power plants. This mix creates big particles that spread across the area and penetrate the lungs. The effects of agricultural pollution are prominent in the United States, Europe, Russia, and China. Investing in eco-friendly technologies can solve this problem. We need to be aware of air pollution causes to reduce them. Many factors causing air pollution are a product of human activities. That is why we should pay more attention to how we use our cars and the sustainability of our households and businesses.