There are a lot of questions that hardly anyone knows the right answer to:
“Why is the sky blue?”
“Why people can’t fly?”
“What is persuasive speech writing?”
The last question at least can be answered:
A persuasive speech is a short report on a topical issue, which involves stating a specific attitude towards the issue in question.
Now the question is, how to develop informative speaking topics? Well, here are some tips for writing a perfect persuasive speech:
- Find an issue you’re deeply interested in;
- Choose to make a point that you feel strong about;
- Offer enough evidence for each claim.
And remember – to make a speech persuasive, topics that you choose must be engaging and argumentative. Most than in the case of any other essay, persuasive speech topics for college students who write persuasive speeches must attract the audience's attention and keep them hooked for at least five minutes. Check the top 30 best persuasive topics for college!
Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students: Convince!
Much like persuasive essay topics, persuasive speech topics for college must target a certain controversial issue and expose the conflict within it. So check these persuasive topics for college:
- Addiction is not a whim, but a disease which must be cured;
- Eliminating fraud is impossible, because it is natural for people to cheat;
- Speeches can never be absolutely free because decency imposes its own limits;
- Movies must be censored more harshly due to excessive violence on modern TV;
- There can be an excuse for committing any crime;
- Time traveling is possible… with the help of memories;
- People must encounter not only good, but also bad attitudes;
- Children should learn to differentiate between good and bad as soon as possible.
If you are not particularly attracted by any of the above topics, you can also choose instead to devote your speech to a relatively “calm” issue, by picking some of the following persuasive topics for college students:
Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students: Great Suggestions
Choose a persuasive speech topic for college students concerning moral issues - you are sure to get a perfect problem to explore!
- Creating a perpetual engine is completely pointless;
- The Bermuda Triangle is one of the most contrived legends of the XX century;
- The movie industry must base their new films on classic stories;
- People must grow more plants: Earth needs more oxygen;
- Domestic violence can be stopped: means to prevent it;
- Living in the city is more complicated than living in the country: urban issues;
- People must use water more carefully: resources are less plentiful;
- Intelligence services must be enhanced: facing the opponent.
As you can see, there are a lot of ideas for persuasive essay topics for college students – all that it takes to create one is a bit of imagination! Now let’s get to see a different type of persuasion topics for college students: -those that make you laugh!
Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students: Pure Awesomeness
If you are looking for some funny presentation speech ideas, check this collection of topics:
- How to deal with people who always know better what others should do;
- Why always being honest is an incredibly dangerous thing;
- How to make your boss and colleagues hate you: a manual;
- The best way to defend yourself is do deny everything;
- Ruining the reputation is easier if you do it to a good man than to a bad one;
- Pet owners have a lot in common with their pets;
- Playing games helps developing useful skills for studying.
With this collection of memorable informative presentation topics, you can rest assured that your speech is going to be perfect.
Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students: Reinvent Things!
Actually, to make speech ideas persuasive, you could try to stretch some of the argumentative topics for college students:
- Children should learn to make decisions by the age of 5;
- Singing helps raise people’s spirits and study better;
- Modern educational theories should focus on individual features of students;
- Graphic novels are a unique way to make the reader plunge into the narrative;
- Short stories are not supposed to be based on moral;
- Married couples should spend at least a month apart from each other, every year;
- Making one’s own mistakes leads to success faster than learning from other people's mistakes.
Well, from this bunch of persuasive topic ideas, you can surely pick something that suits you perfectly well – and even create your own topics for persuasive writing!
Persuasive Speech Topics: The Final Recommendation to Get an A+!
Finally, to work your way to the top, keep in mind these simple rules:
- Show the conflict in your topic;
- Pick an overlooked issue;
- Consider it objectively.
Follow these pieces of advice, and you’ll come up with wonderfully good informative topics!