A true story: “I do not want to write my paper” – you think to yourself. And you start making excuses: “I am not lazy; it is just because I am dying to sleep… or no… I am starving to death! Exactly – I am starving! I must go and see if there is something good in the fridge.”
Actually, the idea of having a bite is not a bad one. If you choose the right snack, food will stimulate your brain activity.
So, let’s see what is there in your fridge and look for brain boosters in it:
Foods That Boost Brainpower and Help Me Write My Papers
- Nuts and seeds. Treat yourself to a handful of walnuts, peanuts, cashews, sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds. The vitamin E contained in them will improve your memory, making your skin and nails shine at the same time.
- Whole grains (cereals, breads and crackers). Rich in vitamin E and antioxidants, these snacks are a must-have for students. Even if you do not exclaim “yum-yum” when you see cereals, they should still be included in your diet. (Okay, included at least once a week.)
- Fish. Sandwiches with salmon, tuna, herring or sardines are some of the best snacks for those who complain: “I will never write my paper.” Fish is rich in Omega-3 acids, which are critical for successful brain activity. The only spoiler – you’d better not keep such snacks in your bag for more than a couple of hours.
- Beans. This food is unique, because it is low in fat, but rich in protein at the same time. It helps prevent many diseases and it helps build healthy brain cells.
- Water. It seems so simple that it is frequently overlooked. Include 1.5 – 2 liters of clear water in your daily menu and your life will change for the better.
- Fruits. Avocado and blueberries can substitute sedative pills for those who are close to tearing out their hair in desperation: “How on earth am I going to write my paper?”
- Vegetables. Green, leafy vegetables and tomatoes are invaluable allies in your fight for excellent grades.
- Garlic. This one is perhaps the least appealing snack, mainly because of the resulting bad breath. Still, I could not conceal the truth about this unpopular food – garlic strengthens the immune system and boosts brain activity. (Okay, you do not need to choose between “write my essay” and “speak to people I like”. If you are not going to stay at home in the evening, you may leave the garlic in the fridge.)
- Dark chocolate The best option ever – it is delicious and healthy at the same time. Just choose dark chocolate instead of its milky version and know when to stop!
Sure, you should not expect immediate results after the first sandwich or the first portion of beans. Yet, after the first week of eating brain-boosting meals, you will notice improvements.
Be honest – will you include any of these snacks in your menu? Please, leave your comments below.