Students who are assigned case studies can feel extremely worried. Some of them get even way too close to tearing their hair out in desperation. Luckily, you won’t share their fate, because you just found this wonderful template for a case study. Indeed, there is nothing to be afraid of when you have a good template for case report by your side.
Case Study Template: 4 Main Questions
What is a case study? A case study is a research method, which discusses all aspects of one issue in-depth. You collect and analyze the facts and figures related to one problem to find the most appropriate solution.
What are case study templates? These are patterns which you should use for your case reports. Actually, to complete an effective case study, you should answer the following 4 questions:
- What is the problem?
- What causes this problem?
- What are the best solutions?
- What should be done?
A Case Study Template by Your Side
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in writing a good case study analysis. To make it even easier, you can use this more detailed case study pattern:
- Introduction and case summary – make this part brief and succinct, discuss only the most important information and make certain that your summary does not exceed the limit of around 30% of your total word count.
- Problem statement – define the most important issue(s) and problem(s).
- Evaluation of alternative solutions - brainstorm the best suitable solutions to these problems. Try to figure out the main underlying causes of the problems in order to find and choose effective solutions. There is no need to discuss too many solutions or to include ideas that are obviously ineffective only to show that there are some alternatives. Simply offer 2-4 more or less viable solutions and discuss the pros and cons of each of them.
- Conclusion and recommendations – say a few words about what should be done to improve the existing situation. There is no need to discuss the slightest details of how each solution can be implemented, and these recommendations can be rather general.
Feel free to use headings and subheadings throughout your reports to improve their logical structure. In addition, you can use bulleted and numbered lists to help your readers understand better what you mean. These final strokes can make your findings look more persuasive. Psychologists state that the manner of presentation of materials can have a significant impact on readers’ perceptions.
So, now that you have this wonderful template by your side, your case studies assignments should not be that frustrating anymore. As you enjoy excellent grades for this task, you may want to visit other pages of this blog to receive even more professional tips on how to succeed in studying. For instance, these inspiring speech topics are extremely popular with our visitors. Feel free to visit this list if you need a good topic for your paper or simply want to broaden your scope.