Writing college essays can be stressful, unless you find a truly good topic and everything goes on wheels. Would you like to have a list of interesting college essay prompts always at your side? Here it is! Meet 30 amazing prompts for college essay writing – some to avoid, some to use for inspiration and some to simply have fun with!
College Essay Topics to Stay Away From
To begin with, here are the worst college essay topics – you should avoid those in your papers:
- Death (of a family member or a pet).
- Mental problems.
- Divorces and breakups.
- Disputes and conflicts.
- Cruises, unless you learnt important lessons from them.
- Anything you do not fully understand.
- The Armageddon.
- Bin Laden and other terrorists.
You do not want to move your teachers to tears or make them depressed, right? Then, do yourself a favor and avoid using any of these awful topics. Choose instead one of those below.
College Essay Ideas to Unlock Your Mind
Now that you already know what you should avoid, the next thing to know is what to use. Take a closer look at these topics:
- Write a manual for teenagers’ safe use of social networks to prevent addiction.
- What is the best advice you would give to a 7-year-old you?
- Should people know their future? Why (not)?
- Some words can kill. Can other words heal, then?
- Try to answer Hamlet’s rhetorical question “To be or not to be?”
- If you could shoot a sequel of a famous movie, what would it be and why?
- What is the best human invention ever?
- What is the main turning point in the history of the United States? Why?
- What are the most important qualities of a good teacher (or of any other specialist)?
- If you could donate 1 million dollars to a single humanitarian mission, what mission would you choose and why?
- If people substituted money with an equivalent, what would it be?
- Should all countries abandon their boundaries and live as a single, large community?
- What is the best solution to the problem of overpopulation of this planet?
- If you could interview a famous person, whom would you choose and why?
- Name and discuss one thing (real or unreal) that can be done to make this world a better place to live in.
Have you already chosen a college essay idea to sink your teeth into? Still hesitating? Do not worry, because the list is to be continued.
College Essay Ideas to Write an A-Level Paper
- What if there was no gravity on Earth?
- What if all people lived forever?
- What if every third person had special abilities, like Einstein had?
- What if you could change the place and time of your birth? Would you do it?
- What if people had no sense of humor?
- Acquaintance with a person who influenced you as a person.
- A work of art that changed your life views (a movie, a book, a song…)
- What is your favorite thing about weekends?
- Can music be beneficial for people?
- Why should we care about historical landmarks?
- How can people save this planet?
- Are extracurricular activities important to students?
- “Sorry seems to be the hardest word…” Explain why (not) this line from Elton John’s song is true.
- How can good writing skills help in different spheres of life?
- Is family life more important than career? Is it possible to combine them successfuly?
So, now you have these marvelous college essay questions and topics – they will surely help you forget about writer’s block and its side effects. Good luck with your college essay writing and have a nice day!