Looking for an interesting essay topic to spark your interest and impress your tutors? Who said that academic writing cannot be fun? Choose an interesting essay topic and you will start enjoying it. You will surely find some topics matching your interests among these top 40 best essay topics:
Interesting essay topics to spark your interest
- Extreme sports – is adrenalin worth the risk?
- If athletes cannot use steroids, is it fair for models to use Photoshop?
- 90-60-90… Do all people need to be of the same size and does beauty need any standards?
- If there are video game competitions, can gaming be regarded as a sport?
- Facebook, MySpace, Twitter – do they improve communication skills or reduce social activity in real world?
- Nature versus nurture – what wins?
- Can ‘bad’ genes be an excuse for divorces and crimes?
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have three adopted children. Would these kids become successful like their parents?
- Should people keep their good deeds in secret? Good will versus PR.
- Is life what we make it or do we depend on blind fate?
Interesting essay topics to awaken your creativity
- The games people play and masks they wear. Sincerity versus politeness.
- Is it ethical to advertise products to children?
- Is it acceptable to use white lies in advertisements?
- Environmental pollution is a global problem. Should everyone make a small contribution to the struggle against it?
- Is one volunteer really worth ten pressed men? How can motivation improve the outcomes?
- What do you think of ‘Calvin Klones’? Is fashion more important than individuality?
- Is there a problem of a generation gap in modern families?
- Should children follow in their parents’ footsteps?
- Zoos claim to contribute to conservation of species. Can a zoo be a better habitat for a giraffe than the savanna?
- Should people keep pets? Do companion animals feel comfortable in homes?
Interesting essay topics to impress your tutors
- Why skeletal models still remain a modern standard of beauty?
- Unschooling and home education, their pros and cons.
- Visitors can damage historical sites. Should these places still be open to tourists?
- Is it better to follow you dream or to investigate the job market when choosing a profession?
- There are people who stop at nothing when there is a possibility to make money. Is it praise- or blameworthy?
- E-books and audio books versus printed publications. Downloading e-books to save trees?
- Should internet forums use censorship or does it harm the free speech principle?
- Should women have the right for abortion if serious handicaps are detected in their unborn children? Isn’t it an excuse of those who do not want to take care of a handicapped child?
- Ethical issues surrounding surrogate motherhood.
- Should same-sex couples be allowed to adopt children?
Interesting essay topics to give you food for thought
- Errors in any sphere are unavoidable. Do doctors, judges and teachers have the right to make mistakes?
- How can capital punishment be acceptable if judges’ errors are inevitable?
- Why to use stick and carrot motivation? Wouldn’t stick policies be enough?
- It is said that women are from Venus, and men are from Mars. Are men and women really that different?
- Can women be regarded as a weaker sex today?
- Modern theater and remakes of classic plays – new interpretation or outrage?
- Graffiti – pieces of art or acts of vandalism?
- Can the way to success be laziness?
- Does an artist need talent to create abstractionist pictures?
- Live to eat or eat to live? Healthy diets versus favorite dishes.
This list of interesting college essay topics is worth its weight in gold if you look for a source of inspiration. Every interesting essay topic from this list is based on a fresh idea or a provocative question. These paper topics are the key to your success.